New from Seattle, first batch started yesterday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dewai

Reaction score
Just started my first batch of beer yesterday. Got it in the primary at around 9pm and it was bubbling by morning.

I got most of my supplies at Cellar Homebrew in North Seattle. They are about 5 minutes from my house so its pretty convenient. They had four different recipes that you could select with their standard kit. I went with the Red Ale. Ingredients are as follows:

6 lbs pale malt extract
1/2 lbs English crystal 40L Malt
1.5 oz Palisade Hops (boiling)
.5 oz Palisade Hops (finishing)
Munton's dry ale yeast

I think everything went pretty well to start. Made sure to steralize everything, etc. Can't wait to try it out, and to free up my stuff so I can start experimenting a bit.

Welcome! Good luck on the first batch! Sounds like we don't live too far from each other, Cellar Homebrew is about 5 minutes from me as well. :mug:

Thanks for the welcoming words! For you Seattalites, where do you get your supplies, ingredients from?

Thanks for the welcoming words! For you Seattalites, where do you get your supplies, ingredients from?

Bob's Homebrew supply (2821 NE 55th St)! Has a good stock and he'll order it if he doesn't have it. Plus Bob is great, whenever I go in I pick his brain for advice.

When I started, I pretty much only went to Mountain Homebrew in Kirkland. As my patience for driving to the east-side waned, I started hitting up Bob's in the U-District and Cellar Homebrew up north. As far as quality of ingredients go, I'd pretty much rank them in that order. Price-wise though, Bob's, Cellar, then Mountain.

Back