New from Montreal / Laval, Quebec!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agtronic

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm originally from Montreal, now living in Laval, Quebec. Big fan of local beers such as a Unibroue and McAuslan etc ...

Have brewed a few red wine kits with great results, but my beers haven't come out as good or as consistent.

Coming here with hopes of learning a lot from those with experience.

I would love to some day be able to come up with my own recipes, and make interesting beers. (Not sure if it's even possible to do at home).

Thanks! Looking forward to reading through the forum!

Agtronic - Welcome to the forum, there is a ton of useful information in the stickies and in the Brew Wiki.
Beer is a little more involved than wine, but still pretty easy to make some good to great beer. (I'm still working hard on moving to always great and a few awsome, that gets a little more complicated)
I would suggest taking very good notes on your process, use your hydrometer at all times, monitor your fermentation temperature. Then post the results with any questions or off taste, I'm sure someone here will be able to help you and your be make great beer in no time.

Welcome from another fellow Canuck! :mug:

I love McAuslan Oatmeal Stout, that stuff is liquid crack. :D It is absolutely possible to make fantastic beer at home and you've definitely come to the right place to find out how! Also check out How to Brew - By John Palmer if you haven't found it already.

I'm in Longueuil. There's a few other people on here that are from Quebec.

Of course, brewing is brewing and there is a lot to be learned on here.

Thank you for the warm welcome! Glad to see other Quebecers on here.

I hadn't seen that link yet! I just spent quite some time reading it over, and it's very interesting. I didn't know it was that simple to make your own wort. I recently received two Cooper kits as a birthday present. Now I'm considering doing it differently than the instructions, using that website as a guide. I never knew the yeast played such an important part in the flavor!

Thanks so much!

Hello and welcome! I live in Montreal and I brew quite frequently, Im sure youll find more than enough useful information on the site! Check out some of the groups on here as well, they can help provide even more local information

Back