New Brewer in the Middle East

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuhokBrewer

Reaction score
Good morning all! I'm new to the forum and new to brewing. I've got my first batch (a gallon of hefeweizen from a Craftabrew kit) finishing fermentation now and will probably bottle it in a few days. I made it with a friend here who is also new to brewing (although he's done wine in the past). I'm American but live in the Kurdish region of northern Iraq. I currently have ingredients for the next batch (an Oktoberfest) but will see if I can get some locally in the future. My interests are different kinds of beer, as well as mead and cider.

Welcome to the world wide brewing community!

Sounds very interesting brewing in a different country. I have only brewed beer in Wisconsin and my homeland, the UP of Michigan. We're all the same I guess just in different locations.

Good luck with your new hobby and post questions or comments, we're all here to help!

Welcome to the world wide brewing community!

Sounds very interesting brewing in a different country. I have only brewed beer in Wisconsin and my homeland, the UP of Michigan. We're all the same I guess just in different locations.

Good luck with your new hobby and post questions or comments, we're all here to help!
Thanks! I love the UP. It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited.

Welcome! I'm just south of you. Trying to figure out a way to do a room brew. Things get caught in the mail here.

Back