New EQ: Out of my league..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCADJockey

ALL YOUR BASE
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a modest set up consisting of the standard homebrew starter set and a few extra tools. Everything to make 5 gallons at a time comfortably and have a few 6 gal fermentation buckets & carboys. My biggest issue it seems at the moment that I must overcome ASAP is temp. control. The modest apartment I live in at the moment makes it quite difficult. I do not have the room to go out and buy a refrigerator and convert it, there is just nowhere to keep it and there is no place in the apartment that has a nice steady temp.

That being said... though I fear this being a really embarrassing question, I have recently been offered this for a reasonable price:

10666004_767528893306772_2851550315717240743_n.jpg

Has anyone seen one of these or think it would be worth picking up? It has never been used, was only plugged in once and has adjustable temperature control. It is perfect size for my situation. Feasible temp control idea or am I out of my element?

I think i'm going to do it. He said the racks that you can see, are the only thing in it and they come right out. Stands about 4' tall and can go quite low temps. Waiting for the inside dimensions, I hope this works out.

That should work perfectly. You can always paint it if it doesn't match the décor.

A despise soda of all kinds especially that unnatural alien-colored green soft drink. Maybe I can find a cool artist locally and bribe him to 'art' it up for a few beers. I'll just be happy to have temp control finally. I guess worst case scenario, I end up with a funky beer cooler for a future man cave.

how reasonable of a price? Could you do better with a used small chest freezer?

Its from a family member so very reasonable and a few bucks will help him out. I just haven't really seen any chest freezers small enough to fit my situation. The few dorm fridges I have contain a weird shelf at the bottom that make it impossible to fit a five gal in. If I do get this which is seeming more and more likely at this point, I will probably just see if anyone on HBT can use the dorm fridges I have.

Back