New England Grain Buy Sept 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in for kegs, I'll update when my co-brewer responds whether if he wants any. Thanks a lot again.

Zinc would you be interested in grabbing my bags, I work retail and Sat that week is going to be tough, I am willing to pay you for your travel and can meet you anywhere western mass and CT. PM if you are interested.

Tom

I'm in to sort (would be a Sat AM before Thanksgiving, right?)

Also, I travel from Boston to Windsor Locks CT 2x/wk if anyone needs/wants some stuff brought out west

Any south shore Brewers interested in picking up two extra bags? Happy to throw in gas $. I'm in Braintree.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Sounds good just shoot me a pm with how many you want. I know clankenbrew wants 4. Just remember they are pinlock kegs

Yes.. Put me in for 4 kegs.
Let me know how u want $. COD.. Paypal... Bank of America deposit??

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Everyone should have received a PM from me yesterday. I made it nice and easy and even included instructions and their totals. Resent PMs to the stragglers. At this point, it means they just aren't checking their email or the forum. Hopefully they pay attention and get their payments in today.

Thanks to everyone else--for having nearly 40 people I think everyone else did great at getting their payments in promptly.

I would definitely recommend people scan the thread and find other members that live near them who they can reach out to and try to consolidate trips. Carpooling will help make the pickup less chaotic, save gas money, and help out the environment!

Here is a list of folks who have not paid.

Derf $167.80
entropicpenalty $171.25
Zipster222 <---- Check in the Mail
roving_wizard_hat <----- eCheck waiting to clear

If you have the time send them a PM

Anyone need a 10 gallon or 20 gallon mashtun? I have a round cooler type that has a stainless valve and stainless false bottom. Also I have a 120qt igloo fishing cooler with all stainless valve, and bulkhead. It would just need a manifold or braid installed. I am looking for $50 for the round cooler and $65 for the 120qt cooler.

I also still have one of the Perlick 630ss faucets left for $40.

So if we can't get in touch with the people that still owe money we are 7.5 bags short of filling the order. Is there anyone that wants the extra bags if those folks don't pay? The one split that is up for grabs is a half bag of TF-BROWN

I could take on extra bags depending what they are. Not interested in that split, though.

Oh I see, thought you meant just pickup the bags of the unresponsive people. Yeah I could take on another 2 bags if needed, probably 2-row.

I could probably find a way to use quarter of a bag of Brown malt if that split was left hanging (or quarter of a bag of another common speciality malt). Can't really justify much more base malt though.

Here is a list of folks who have not paid.

Derf $167.80
Zipster222 <---- Check in the Mail
roving_wizard_hat <----- eCheck waiting to clear

If you have the time send them a PM

Maybe for future buys it might be a good idea to collect phone numbers or email addresses before people are allowed to add to the buy sheet? Not trying to add complexity, but I know some people on here don't check HBT very often.

Hey guys, earlier in the thread we were talking about grain storage and I mentioned Vittle Vaults. I found a great deal on a 2 pack of the 60lb ones that expires tomorrow. It can be an even better deal if you have an Amex as well as ebates account.

American Express is offering a One Time $5 Statement Credit When You Spend A Total of $10 or More at Petco.com with a Synced Amex Card. Offer valid online only.
  1. Click here and sync your Amex card to your Twitter account. If you have an official Amex, just log into your account and find the offer for Petco in your &#8216;My Offers&#8217; section and link it to your card.
  2. From your Twitter account, tweet #AmexPetco to add the offer to your synced Amex Card
  3. Note, be sure that you receive an "@ reply" message from @AmexSync stating that this offer has been added to your synced Card
  4. A statement credit should be issued within 90 days after 11/30/14 with your qualifying purchase
  5. Go to eBates and sign up if you aren&#8217;t a member. Search for Petco in the stores list and then click through to the Petco site
  6. Click the 20% Sale banner to apply the promo to your shopping trip
  7. Search for SKU 836966M2, and add to cart. Then place your order.

Vittle Vault 2-pack 60lb stackable $69.34
-$13.87 - nov20 code
$55.47 order total, not counting tax
-3.33 - 6% ebates
-$5 - amex sync #amexpetco
-$1.11 &#8211; amex rewards 2% cashback

Comes to $23 per vault, free shipping for me after rewards. Lowest price on Amazon ever was $26. I placed multiple orders with multiple Amex cards.

Note: the ebates link is a referral link for me. I have used the site for years and get rebate checks from them regularly. If you don't have an ebates account and want to thank me for taking the time to write up this deal, then help me out and sign up through the link :)

Sorry for the delay guys, my user name was wrong on the Docs sheet, so I did not see that we were set to pay. My money is now in.

Derfh

Most likely the weekend after on Sunday will be the pickup day. But we are still waiting on 2 checks and sometimes the delivery can be delayed. So As lander and I will set the date once everything is in place.

OK I have everyone's payments. Just waiting for one eCheck to clear my PayPal. That should clear on the 13th so depending on Aslander's schedule we should have the grain early next week. I will talk with Aslander and we will come up with a pick up day and time.

Be aware that if you have a split you need to be there to sort. Also you need to bring a bucket or some kind of thing to carry the grain. You should not count on getting the bag.

Last I have a bunch of culture vials still if anyone wants some I will be bringing them. They will be a $1 each. If you want pre-made slants I can provide those also they are $4 each. If you want slants I nee you to let me know now so that I can make them up. If you want to pay for vials or slants with paypal you need to do that in advance. I will take cash the day of.

Cultures of what?

Lookup yeast slants and you will see what he is talking about.

I have the following strains slanted for trade if anyone has other ones they want to swap:

WLP001
WLP002
WLP400
WLP500

WY1272
WY 3711

S04
S23
T58

Allagash White
Conan from Heady

So the last payment hit my PayPal account. Once it drops into my bank account I will place the order. We should be looking good for the weekend after next.

Sweet. Can't wait.

No literally, I can't wait. Have to go to strange brew, can't resist urge to brew my RIS any longer...

Just got in my vittle vaults though. Pretty excited to get my "grain room" setup.

Back