New Electric Keggle Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what it appears in the instructions, manual mode is automatically defaulted as "off" since most users won't use it. I don't see why I need it since I will be using this to either heat my sparge water, or be boiling. What is the advantage of manual mode?

Also, do I need to reverse the default operation of the PID to reverse action control the COOL mode to be in heating (6.14)?

From what it appears in the instructions, manual mode is automatically defaulted as "off" since most users won't use it. I don't see why I need it since I will be using this to either heat my sparge water, or be boiling. What is the advantage of manual mode?

Also, do I need to reverse the default operation of the PID to reverse action control the COOL mode to be in heating (6.14)?

You will need manual mode for boiling, there is no other way. You need to enable manual mode.

You will need to be sure that the PID is set for heating, I was sure mine was out of the box....

Can you just set the temp point at 212 and let it constantly be ON in AUTO mode to try and reach that temp with the element constantly on?

I am going to try and set this up tonight. Thinking about putting an external light bulb/LED on the box showing when the SSR is sending current to the element...

Can you just set the temp point at 212 and let it constantly be ON in AUTO mode to try and reach that temp with the element constantly on?

I am going to try and set this up tonight. Thinking about putting an external light bulb/LED on the box showing when the SSR is sending current to the element...

Your PID has a light that tells you when the element is heating.

You cant boil by simply inputting a temp like 212.

It will either bew full on, or not boiling at all.

You will see when you try it, manual mode is necessary

Back