New Brewer In South Florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FordForever

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I have been lurking around here for quite some time and decided to jump in and start socializing. Names John and I am a graphic designer/web developer from South Florida, US of course.

I decided to start brewing when I seen a Mr. Beer kit on a website. A quick google search brought me here where I learned that after just a few batches on the Mr Beer most people were upgrading to a real kit. I went ahead and purchased the kit shown below on amazon! (I will provide the link upon request so that this does not look like spam).

This weekend I plan to head out to my LHBS to get ingredients for my first batch. I have already learned a lot from reading here and I am looking forward to brewing my own style. I guess the next thing is to find an easy ingredient kit! Let me know if you see anything missing that I should pick up!

Had this delivered to my house this morning:

brew3.jpg

brew2.jpg

brew1.jpg

Kit Includes:
Predrilled ferment bucket with lid
spigot
cane
8 packet of C-brite
booklet,
bottle capper tool
3 piece airlock
Glass Hydrometer
bottle brush
Glass Internal Concave ribbed 6 Gallon Carboy & Bung/Drilled #6 stopper temp. test strip

Hello! Good call on going for the 5 gallon set up. I did the same. I might be wrong but it doesn't look like this has a bottling wand. They are cheap, and I would definitely pick one up if it didn't come with. Makes bottling more fun IMHO. You might also want a tube to use for taking your hydrometer readings. Otherwise you should be fine. Believe me, you will enjoy it!

Hi John!
Is your LHBS the Beer Depot in Lake Worth? If so, they're awesome; if not, they're AWESOME and they should be!!
They have happy hour on Friday evenings and classes pretty regularly.
I'm in Boynton and am on batch #8 (since May). Temperature can be an issue here in SoFla and patience is the bane of my existence!!
Good luck and hope to run into you at the Depot!
Sarah.

Thanks for the warm welcome. My LHBS is in fact the BX Beer Depot in lake worth. I work in boynton and live in jupiter and I am planning on stopping by to get ingredients for my first brew this weekend.

The kit came with a 12 inch tube that has a spring loaded valve on the end, is that the bottling wand?

Yes, that sounds like a bottling wand. They work really well. In just a few weeks you'll get to fire it up!

Back