New brewer from flyover country

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ogallala

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new to brewing, but not to beer. I like to think that I'm kind of a beer snob and I know a lot about all of the different brews I enjoy, so it's time to apply that knowledge to some production. I have always wanted to start my own brewery someday, and the itch is getting worse with each passing year. I recently moved to a town in the middle of the great plains that doesn't have any breweries yet, and I hope to insert myself as the inaugural one.

I am currently working with extracts and starter kits. Just to get the processes down. I'm very familiar with organic chemistry and precision recipe-following, having some experience in the candy and essential oil worlds (and being a huge science nerd), so I've always known that brewing would come naturally to me whenever I eventually got around to it.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself, and say thank you to all of you who have contributed here in the past, as these forums have been a wealth of information for me. I look forward to the continued learning, and to eventually being able to offer knowledge of my own.

Ogallala

Welcome. I drive past Ogallala a couple of times a year so it you get a brewery going I will stop in. The NE brewery world is growing fast but still under served so probably a good time to jump in.

Back