Need to Read!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MI_Dogman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Brewers!!

Sorry I haven't been on much for a while. My position was cut back in February and I had to step down to a grunt it out position at work. So I don't have as much time on my hands for home brewing as I did before. 2016 is becoming a whirl wind for my career and it's affecting my home brewing. I have been brewing, but more like a cruise control type thing. Just sticking to my more basic recipes to try and keep my mind in it.

I am looking to start reading something new to try and snap out of this funk I'm in and I am looking for suggestions. Anything would be great!! I love reading anything related to brewing beer!!

Here is what I have read so far; how to brew, all the brewing elements series (trying to re-read the hop one right now), brew chem 101, and the joys of home brewing. There is a another one I read that was really thick, but I can't think of it right now.

Thanks!!

Dogman

Two of my favorites are Mitch Steele's IPA book and Stan Hieronymous's Brew Like a Monk.

Or, if you want some history, information, recipes & a few laughs at my views on same, check out my first home brewing book in my sig...:mug:

Randy Mosher's Tasting Beer and Radical Brewing are great books to motivate you. Like Papazian, these books make you feel like you want to go out and try different hings and appreciate the process of brewing. Mosher's style with these books is engaging and humorous as well. Lots of visuals too. While not overly technical, they are fun to read and entertaining.

Beer Blast... Great book about the BMC business by a PR exec from Heineken USA. Laughs galore!

Thanks Everybody!! I need to get back into it!! Hopefully starting a new read will help bring back that spark and keep my mind right. Keep the suggestions coming so other Brewers can see.

Back