Need some ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearturkey

Reaction score
Hey y’all,

I just brewed a simple cream ale extract recipe and threw in some extra sugar to bring the OG up to 1.052. I originally thought I would just do the boring old cream ale, but I want some ideas on what to throw into the fermentor to have some fun with it. I’ve done one with raspberries and one with strawberries, what would be some things y’all would do to change up a cream ale?

Don't tease the new guy, he might not get the joke.
I've had a blonde with apricot which was good, and a pale with orange. I made a clone kit of the apricot blonde that was a nice summer beer. Watermelon seems common now. Good luck, keep us posted

My first kit was a Creme Ale Extract. I bottled half 'plain' and added a bourbon vanilla extract my mom (commercial candy maker) had to the other half. The base beer was great right away. The vanilla flavored bottles needed about 3 months before they melded together right. Even then, I don't think I preferred them to the base beer.

My first kit was a Creme Ale Extract. I bottled half 'plain' and added a bourbon vanilla extract my mom (commercial candy maker) had to the other half. The base beer was great right away. The vanilla flavored bottles needed about 3 months before they melded together right. Even then, I don't think I preferred them to the base beer.

That's a good idea.

Back