Need some help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavrick1903

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Brewed two batches of cider. It's kegged an pressurized and I've decided I'm not done and want to play. I want to add some fruit pulp (blood orange to one for example)

Fruit pulp is for brewing, and is ready to pitch from the can. I'll add another round of yeast (likely a white wine yeast) and nutrient.

Would you:
Ferment in the keg, under pressure?
Go back to a pail/carboy and ferment there?

Thoughts?
TIA

I never go back to a fermenter from the keg, then back again. Too much chance of contamination, oxidation, and just too much hassle. I'd go for it in the keg. I wouldn't add more nutrient or yeast. There will probably be yeast in there still, but why would you add fruit pulp to it, then ferment most of the flavor out?

I wouldn't ferment it at all. If kegged and chilled then add the fruit pulp to a small sanitized mesh bag. Drop it in and when it hits the flavor you like take it out. One gallon paint strainer bags from eh "big box" stores works great. The bag keeps most (not all) of the pulp out of the keg ad allows the flavors to get to your cider.

Back