Need inspiration for quote for beer drinking plaque

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrinksWellWithOthers

Reaction score
A local bar here in MA has a "99 Beers" list. It's a cool bar with awesome bartenders and a good selection. Once you drink through the list you get a plaque to put on the wall with a quote. The quote can be anything your want. I'm about finished with the list, only have 2 left, and can't come up with anything. I'd like to incorporate homebrewing in it somehow but I got nothing. So I've come to you guys for a little inspiration. Any ideas?

I am partial to:

"Give a man a beer, he'll drink for the day. Teach a man to brew, he'll be drunk the rest of his life."

or

"The mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer."

99 is kinda impressive, and expensive I bet. I would go with something classy like

F you all, I did the list

Alright well I finished the list last night. Thanks for the responses guys. I kinda like the "Give a man a beer and he'll drink for day..." one. I didn't fill out the form last night so I have this week to come up with a quote for when I head back next week for my B'day.

99 is kinda impressive, and expensive I bet. I would go with something classy like

F you all, I did the list

Yeah its a little expensive but hell, I'm gonna be drinking anyways, I might as well get a plaque and Tshirt out of it. There's actually a plaque that says "This plaque cost me $537.18". :eek: I'm also doing a list at a bar in RI that has over 125 beers.

i was reading my Radical Brewing book and on the side they had Czech beer proverbs from an Iron Curtain era Pilsner Urquell Promo book.

a couple of the ones i liked:

"Beer warms up, but it does not dress"
"Tankard, tankard, I know I love to you"
"Barley is not grown for donkeys"
"Malt and hops -- divine cement"

Yeah its a little expensive but hell, I'm gonna be drinking anyways, I might as well get a plaque and Tshirt out of it. There's actually a plaque that says "This plaque cost me $537.18". :eek: I'm also doing a list at a bar in RI that has over 125 beers.

Why not "This beer cost me $537.18 and all I got was this lousy plaque..."?

My personal beer quote is "ale's what cures ya'" just to be fair I remember reading that as one of yoop's quotes.

You could say "I drank all 99 beers on the wall... now I REALLY have to pee!"

I also like the "what bar is this??" quote for the plaque.

The "What Bar Is This?" quote/question is hilarious!

I also like...

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - The Late Coloniel Sanders

Back