Need help! Not sure if I did something wrong.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpup506

Reaction score
OG
IMG_0461.JPG

FG
IMG_0001.JPG

Does this seem right or do I need more time/yeast? I wanna rack today if I can

If I’m reading right my OG is around 1.12 my current “FG” is 1.04

There's a little bit of information missing here. If I'm reading this correctly you had an OG ~1.110 which is a HUGE beer. What yeast did you use? How much? How long did it ferment? It sounds dumb, but I've fallen victim to it, is the hydrometer floating in the tube or is it sitting on the bottom? What temp is the sample?

On a beer that size, time is your friend. I wouldn't want to rack it out of primary before any less than 4 weeks. If you choose to rack, just make sure the FG is stable over 3 or 4 days. Hope that helps, if not let me know what I can clear up for you. Cheers!

Last edited:
There's a little bit of information missing here. If I'm reading this correctly you had an OG ~1.110 which is a HUGE beer. What yeast did you use? How much? How long did it ferment? It sounds dumb, but I've fallen victim to it, is the hydrometer floating in the tube or is it sitting on the bottom? What temp is the sample?

On a beer that size, time is your friend. I wouldn't want to rack it out of primary before any less than 4 weeks. If you choose to rack, just make sure the FG is stable over 3 or 4 days. FYI, its reading that your FG is 1.34, not 1.04 (big difference). Hope that helps, if not let me know what I can clear up for you. Cheers!

Yeast-007 liquid 1 pack said good for up to 6 gallons, 4.5 gallon yield, 14 days fermentation in 64-67 F it’s a partial extract recipe I my first make DIY recipe 2 brew. Lol I know a bit too ambitious. Suggestions very welcomed! Krausen looks settled a few protein islands on top
IMG_0001.JPG

First, I apologize I made an error in my first post. Your FG was in fact 1.034, sorry to confuse that. I would let it ride in primary for another couple of weeks. You under pitched by quite a bit. Each individual packet or vial of yeast is intended to be pitched into beer with an OG of ~1.050-1.060. Not a huge deal since you're just experimenting but keep it in mind in the future. The yeast still has work to do to clean up byproducts and possibly ferment a little more. You're at 70% attenuation now and 007 is advertised to get to 80% so it may tick down a little bit more. Let it do its thing for a while longer. Thats just my $.02

Latest posts

Back