Need advice please (turbo cider)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_moo91x

Reaction score
Hey guys, so i started my cider last Wednesday 4 liters of pure apple juice and added a strong cup of tea for tannin and some cider yeast. Day 2 it was bubbling a fair amount same with day 3 now nearly a week on there is no bubbling instead little bits of what I think is yeast dropping to the bottom making sediment how long until its less cloudy? What do I do next?

Attachments

• 15917183914273856936632808258014.jpg
    15917183914273856936632808258014.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 8
If it stopped bubbling, then it is probably time to rack it to another container, leaving the yeast sediment on the bottom. You can see it is starting to settle, is there a layer of yeast on the bottom of the container?

If it stopped bubbling, then it is probably time to rack it to another container, leaving the yeast sediment on the bottom. You can see it is starting to settle, is there a layer of yeast on the bottom of the container?
Yes sir, however some still seems to be dropping to the bottom. How long do I leave it in a new bottle? How long until it begins to clear

You can rack it now, or you can allow it to continue settling. If it’s still that cloudy then I would guess it is still fermenting, how frequently does it bubble through the airlock?

You can rack it now, or you can allow it to continue settling. If it’s still that cloudy then I would guess it is still fermenting, how frequently does it bubble through the airlock?
It doesn't it stopped after about 3 days or so

Back