NB American Wheat - split with raspberries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redraider77

Reaction score
First post although I have referred to this great site many times. I have a NB American Wheat in the primary now. Instructions say two weeks in the primary then bottle. My thought was to wait until fermentation complete (probably this weekend) and then rack off about half of it to a carboy. I would then add three 12 oz packages of frozen raspberries to the primary (now half full). After letting them both go for another week the plain wheat should be ready to bottle (end of the second week). After bottling the plain wheat I would then have the carboy available to rack the raspberry wheat giving it another week to settle before bottling. Seems like it would work out OK then I would have a half batch of plain wheat and a half batch of raspberry. Any comments would be great since I'm a little unsure with this only being my third batch Thanks.

Back