Native ESP8266 BrewPi Firmware - WiFi BrewPi, no Arduino needed!

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

day_trippr

Moderna Or Bust! :D
Reaction score
The RaspberryPi OS with lxde desktop comes with an "SD Card Copier" application that allows live-cloning of the booted SD card.
It will obviously save everything on the card...

Cheers!

marshodbrew

marshodbrew
Reaction score
Looks like SD Card Copier not available on Lite Raspbian install as I did here.
Any chance the problem is in the WiFi settings? Do you need to enable ssh and add wpa_supplicant again? Or would that be in the disk image?

rsquared

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Everything should be in the disk image. At this point I'd suggest plugging a keyboard and monitor into the Pi and seeing what occurs when it boots up on the copied card. It could be a bad card or something.

rkhanso

Reaction score
Plymouth, MN - terrible tap water for brewing
Yes - Windows only, but there has to be a Linux or Mac equivalent.
I've used either SD card and have no differences or trouble on either one. Doesn't matter which one is installed to run Fermentrack.
It's not really a backup, but a clone of the SD card at the time when I do the "backup" - an exact copy.

marshodbrew

marshodbrew
Reaction score
Everything should be in the disk image. At this point I'd suggest plugging a keyboard and monitor into the Pi and seeing what occurs when it boots up on the copied card. It could be a bad card or something.
Thanks I’ll try. I’m brewing this weekend so going to use it without a back up.
Yes - Windows only, but there has to be a Linux or Mac equivalent.
I've used either SD card and have no differences or trouble on either one. Doesn't matter which one is installed to run Fermentrack.
It's not really a backup, but a clone of the SD card at the time when I do the "backup" - an exact copy.
Thanks. In hearing everyone’s replies it seems like I may have a bad SD card because otherwise seems like I am doing the other steps correctly.