National Homebrew Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the url for the final round website? Is anybody in yet to access their new bottle labels, etc?

The website address should be on page 2 of your NHC Post-Competition Package .pdf.

Has anyone received their ribbons yet? Looks like the final round site at least has a login, but my password doesn't work. Neither does trying to reset password.

A letter was emailed to everyone the other day saying that the final round site is not yet active. They must be having an issue. They will email everyone when it is ready.

Well, we are getting awfully close to the beginning of the final entry shipping window. I'd like to get my brew sent out soon, as I have a busy couple of weeks coming up!

Anyone have any inside info as to when the final round site will be up?

Uploaded my recipe to the final site, it's a Schwarzbier category 8b, but the website turned in to category 2, no sub and my entry info line shows an error message that that category is not valid...so emails to AHA staff just sent off. Nothing ever easy!

Has anyone received their ribbons yet?

The site says all ribbons were to be mailed by May 3 but clearly that's not correct. Seems like they are having issues all around this year (I never even got my scoresheets) so I'm not expecting my ribbon until June.

My ribbons arrived today. I'm generally one day of shipping from CO, so some of you might take a day or two longer.
Cheers
Michael

Still waiting on ribbons in Boston. Just to confirm, we have to send the same beer that placed (category and sub style) correct?

If so I'm bummed, because my Vienna Lager is peaking now and would be my first choice to send over my winning categories

Still waiting on ribbons in Boston. Just to confirm, we have to send the same beer that placed (category and sub style) correct?

If so I'm bummed, because my Vienna Lager is peaking now and would be my first choice to send over my winning categories

Yes, you need to send in the same category and sub style. On the final round website you don't have an option to edit the category, just the recipe.

My ribbon arrived Saturday. USPS must be really slow this month. A package from Amazon was suppose to arrive 2 weeks ago, but didn't until last week.

What is/are the categories in which you placed?

Yep. I received my ribbon as well.

Brew has been shipped and received at the AB Warehouse (ooops, I meant the NB Warehouse).

Good luck to all in the finals!

Anyone know how the beers are stored once they arrive to the warehouse? Room temperature or refrigerated? It could impact the end of the carbonation process for my bottle conditioned beers since they've only been in the bottle for a week as of today. I'm hoping they are stored at room temp for at least a while.

Anyone know how the beers are stored once they arrive to the warehouse? Room temperature or refrigerated? It could impact the end of the carbonation process for my bottle conditioned beers since they've only been in the bottle for a week as of today. I'm hoping they are stored at room temp for at least a while.

I am curious about this as well. I am actually hoping they are stored cold, as my Czech Pils was bottled almost 5 months ago now and has been lagering since. Combine that with the fact that I'm sure they need to settle again after shipping, I think a few weeks at 40 or below would really give this one a leg up...

Hope UPS dropped my entry at the right Northern Brewer. NHC address is Roseville MN and UPS tracking shows it delivered to St Paul, which Roseville is near.

Congrats to all the winners! I hope some of you were victorious!! I plan on giving it my all next year!!

I didn't hear, where is 2018's NHC going to be?

Latest posts

Back