Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I left town June 7th. That's why my post on the 6th about New Zealand was not specific. (Remember the picture poster gives New Zealand as his location. I figured @Pkrd, would want a more specific name. I was only dropping a hint about the answer, and I thought @Pkrd was doing the same in his response to that post. He did not name me as being up.

Last edited:
I apologize for causing the delay.

This is from 2017.
2017 2.png

Last edited:
Has to be Portugal. Still working out where. Looks a lot like "Lisbon Main Square", but it's not the same one. But enough so I think that's got to be the country. Still working out that building. Looks like government.

I think the statue is Leonardo D. somewhere in Italy.

Edit, Okay, not Leonardo necessarily but definitely renaissance and two different lines of people. Some kind of museum complex.

Last edited:
Has to be Portugal. Still working out where. Looks a lot like "Lisbon Main Square", but it's not the same one. But enough so I think that's got to be the country. Still working out that building. Looks like government.
Portugal is right. As to what the buildings are, maybe a view to the right and what's laid into the pavement there will help:
2017 4.png
2017 5.png

My thoughts as well. I was in Lisbon in 2014 and it really reminds me of a couple of town squares. But it doesn't have the wavy tiling I'd expect.

Doesn't feel quite right - has that feel of an architect who has read books about Europe but not been there. Or maybe that's just the botanist in me feeling that the trees don't quite match the buildings.

So I'm guessing New World, but wishes it was in Europe, some rich guy trying to buy class by imitation?

Back