Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That it is. Amalfi itself. You're up @Andres Falconer.

I was sure I had seen that one!

Looking at old pictures from old trips, this keyhole of a skyline is from 2009. We got massively snowed out on our way home!
17ABFBE3-CA26-465C-A940-DCB860105F73.jpeg

. . .this keyhole. . .
You provided the key word. :) I googled "keyhole doorway in city square Spain" and picture #1 was a keyhole (or horseshoe) arch in Toledo. Picture #2 was Zocodover Square, Toledo, Spain, and the building in your picture.
So, Toledo, Spain.
I've not been in Toledo, but I've been through a number of arches like that in Spain. That's why I guessed it was Spain.

Toledo, Spain, it is! That was very well spotted. This was on the same trip of another photo I posted earlier here of El Escorial. These are lovely day trips from Madrid. On our return flight we were hit by a massive blizzard in the UK that shut airports and most of the country down for a couple of days. Here’s a wider angle of the square.

You’re up again, @D.B.Moody!

11FF4C76-37FC-4694-8E2F-991D00D97874.jpeg

I didn't know it was Garfield, but I do now. All I was looking for was San Francisco. This was near the Coit tower. If the street was any steeper I think the cars would roll over. :) You're up @dirkomatic.

It is indeed Ronda, Spain. A photo of Puente Nuevo would have certainly been more recognizable. The first is a photo of Iglesia de Espiritu Santo taken from the Arab walls.

Your turn @bruce_the_loon

I recognized this beautiful plaza de toros, the bullring, as the location of the 1984 film of the Bizet's famous opera, Carmen. Even if you don't enjoy opera, this is a film worth watching, for the locations, the performers - Placido Domingo! - and yes, the music. It's stuck in my head now!

Until I hovered the mouse over the image and the name of the picture came up :cool:

I left "Dublin" on a post back in January (post #9242) and @3 Dawg Night noticed it. :) Oops! When I next posted a picture (at #9255), I labeled the picture "Not Dublin," and, of course, "Not Dublin" was the first response. (Thank you @InspectorJon. :mug:)

Last edited:
Casa de los Picos, Segovia, Spain
Yes, the “House of Peaks” in Segovia. We’re still in Spain. Different trip. This was 2018.

Not to be confused with the “House of Beaks” (Casa dos Bicos), in Lisbon, below, which houses the Saramago Foundation. It’s all connected. Always.

1CF9FE0F-3909-4941-8318-A21FF1D5F828.jpeg

Over to @dirkomatic

Back