Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Partly the right continent" and "below sea level" - Im going with Eurasia somewhere near the Caspian Sea. Russia, Azerbaijan or Kazakhstan all have pretty large cities near or below sea level.

WAG - Bank or Banki (Depending on the map) Azerbaijan

Yes you got it. I was there a couple of years ago for some teaching. It is a city on two continents. That's the Ural river, so sturgeon in there and hence caviar. No brewery in Kazakhstan I was told so all the beer imported. A lot of Vodka though !
It's about 70 m below sea level and the flattest place I've ever seen, beyond the city nothing for thousands of kilometers.
Super friendly people, mostly Moslem but liberal, safest city I've ever walked around in. In the winter very cold and summer very hot. I went at the end of April beginning of May and it was perfect.
Worst thing I had there was fermented horses milk still gives me the judders thinking about it.
You have the board.

That took me a while to find! (Don't worry, @DuncB is not my burner account for name that skyline wins.)

Going with a similar theme. I taught at a summer school in this city in 2011. I don't have any pictures, so here's one I found online.

dscn0862.jpg

Trees look like proper desert date palms, so we're somewhere hot, but people are not particularly dark-skinned - Arab? And dressed in Western clothes.

Most of the places where dates grow are Muslim, but it looks like there are sculptures of figures or animals or something by the pond. So not Muslim.

There's some kind of shrine which with the blue I'd guess is for Mary, so we're looking at a Catholic church?

Somewhere in the Holy Land?

Back