Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
from my holiday collection, photo taken in late 80's :D
city2.jpg

Waikiki from Diamond Head
BOOM! Two minutes!

It was another work trip for me. For some reason, my wife decided she wanted to tag along this time! 🤣 While I was working inland for the day, she hiked from our hotel (the building sort of in the center of the picture) up to the top of Diamond Head and back. She took this picture from the top.

You're up, @pvpeacock.

Steppin' away from my computer for awhile and I'm 99.99% sure I'm right about this ^ so here's the next one... this might be kinda hard so I'll drop a hint in awhile if nobody gets it

EFBF1EDD-3C76-4DE0-9E42-5420E8EEEA4F.jpeg

Last edited:
Steppin' away from my computer for awhile and I'm 99.99% sure I'm right about this ^ so here's the next one... this might be kinda hard so I'll drop a hint in awhile if nobody gets it View attachment 699001

Not sure what's going on but HBT isn't allowing me to show a full embedded image unless I'm just being dumb here..

Steppin' away from my computer for awhile and I'm 99.99% sure I'm right about this ^ so here's the next one... this might be kinda hard so I'll drop a hint in awhile if nobody gets it

View attachment 699003

Hint: the building with the tan arched roof in the top right corner is unique to this city.

Apparently HBT is not sending me alerts when this thread is updated any more...

Ok, I’ll guess Jacksonville, FL?

Nope, wrong continent

Another hint because this is indeed a difficult one. This is a high elevation city closer to the equator than Jacksonville FL, but still in the Northern Hemisphere

Addis Abba, from the Hilton. Two things, you're a degree and a half less North than Caracas, and secondly, you know how difficult it is to pick out tennis courts from Google Earth at a reasonable search altitude.

Well done! You're spot on

I spent a week in Addis a couple years back for work. Very nice people, and the best coffee I've ever had

Addis Abba, from the Hilton. Two things, you're a degree and a half less North than Caracas, and secondly, you know how difficult it is to pick out tennis courts from Google Earth at a reasonable search altitude.

Ahem.. I believe that means you're up for posting a photo

Back