Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lived in Tampa for eight years, but never saw it from Safety Harbor! I was zoomed in on Google Maps slowly moving up the shore looking for nicely manicured lawn, when I guessed Cove Cay. Later I zoomed out and realized you'd be looking at Tampa through the Bayside Bridge. D'ohh!!

This one is not in the US:

bc3.jpg

Did a search on glass pyramid buildings....was the second image, close to same view, but slightly different.

This one is also not in US, but still should be relatively easy for you world travelers and those with mass google skeels
View attachment 376189

Plaza Libertad in San Salvador, El Salvador; Metropolitan Cathedral in the background.

Damn, GF, just lookin for the city, lol, but correct on all counts. There's a museum or a memorial building or something like that where the photo was taken, but been a few years since I was there, don't remember the name. Something related to the civil war in the 1980's I believe.

Yer up

Bingo! You're up.
Regards, GF. :mug:

OK, I'm at work and don't have my own photos with me, so no Google reverse image search on this one! :p The city should be fairly easy as there are a lot of landmarks in it, I'm looking for the name of the city and two landmarks that can be seen in the photo.

304229a0e6d7e01603096a2ebb89b374.jpg

Glascow... was just there a year ago... lots of scotch :)

glasgow cathedral and i think city hall

Glasgow is correct for the city, the city halls and Glasgow Cathedral are just past the right side of the photo - if the aspect ratio was just a bit wider we could probably see the city halls. Keep trying on the landmarks.

dang, that really does look like the view out of the Sherbrook hotel/castle that we stayed at...

Due to the angle, you can see a lot of what you would be able to see from Sherbrooke Castle. But the photo is definitely taken from elsewhere and the foreground gives it away - with some of the other things you guys and gals have found, this should be a walk in the park.

Due to the angle, you can see a lot of what you would be able to see from Sherbrooke Castle. But the photo is definitely taken from elsewhere and the foreground gives it away - with some of the other things you guys and gals have found, this should be a walk in the park.

You're asking for 3 different things. If one person guesses the city (wyowolf), one person guesses a landmark, and another person gets the last landmark, who goes next?

I think there should be just one question per round to make this work. Thoughts?

Queen's Park Baptist church in the right foreground.
The spire on the left with the clock is Pollokshields Church
Finnieston Crane is to the left of Pollokshields.
University of Glasgow is the big building with a tower in the back.

Happy to defer to wyowolf

You're asking for 3 different things. If one person guesses the city (wyowolf), one person guesses a landmark, and another person gets the last landmark, who goes next?

I think there should be just one question per round to make this work. Thoughts?

Fair enough, was just trying to make it slightly more difficult. In that case, wyowolf is up.

(great job satph :mug:)

Just saw this...Will post in am. I'm in self imposed blackout today. I only knew because we were there last year...soooo many distillery tours I missed!!

Talk about drafty....they wouldn't do any upkeep to the castle because of historical value. Wind literally blew through the Windows...Lol...but I loved Scotland.

Im so damn happy this am... I know everyone knows where this is... but I feel its fitting today... I was here just this summer and stood in awe as I read the words inside... looking for the name of the CITY and the Name of the Memorial...

20160617_210733.jpg

Back