Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Russia or nearby. I see at least 4 Lada's in that picture. I'll say St. Petersburg, which is a WAG.

[edit] Nevermind. It's not a WAG. It's the General Staff building, whatever that means. Pretty impressive. Ugh, I need to find something interesting while waiting for confirmation.
I'm sure you're right. The gold minaret on the building though the arch threw me - it looks like it's onthe building, turns out it's behind it!

Nicely done!

Russia or nearby. I see at least 4 Lada's in that picture. I'll say St. Petersburg, which is a WAG.

[edit] Nevermind. It's not a WAG. It's the General Staff building, whatever that means. Pretty impressive. Ugh, I need to find something interesting while waiting for confirmation.

You are correct Andrew! St. Petersburg. I thought the Ladas and the rear facade of the Hermitage would be easier. The General Staff building housed the military's...general staff until the revolution. It was built in the early 1800's to commemorate the victory over that little French guy.

You're up. :mug:

Sorry for the delay. Brainfart.

This one is pretty hard I'd say. Some clues to the general location there. I'll give hints as necessary. I have you a nice hi-rez shot to zoom into.

img_1854-2-67834.jpg

It's in the US. My two boys and I got in some trouble when we went off premises in our golf carts. We abandoned a round at ~ hole 14 and just went driving around in our carts. Apparently they have some sort of system that lets them see where the carts are, and when they saw us leave then investigated. Woops.

Sorry got sidetracked. Binabik isn't wrong. But not exactly right. I'd be inclined to give you a chance to be more specific. And then you'll get it. So you're up.

That's correct! Montmorency Falls is directly behind this shot. You're up.

Crazy! I was so excited when I saw the picture because i KNEW it was Astoria, Oregon!! I'll have to hunt up the pic, the similarities are scary!

EDIT: after googling the astoria bridge, they look NOTHING alike! Pfft!

Back