Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, to give a hint, those are hop garlands that people are wearing...

Faversham in the county of Kent, but near enough... A topical one as the festival was last weekend, it celebrates the start of the main hop harvest.

Aside from being the centre of the East Kent hop industry, and home to Shepherd Neame who claim to be Britain's oldest brewing company, Faversham was also a major centre for making explosives until a major accident in WWI and longstanding royal ties mean that the town's football team uniquely share the three lions badge with the England national team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faversham

You're up.

IMG_2993.JPG

This is one of those that would be easy if someone has been there, given the clear landmarks. I'm guessing at this point none of the usual suspects has. Me neither but wife just was.

So...about 15 miles off to the photographer's left is an arm of the Mediterranean.

Hills look like limestone or dolomite.
I can see two blue domes and no visible church spires, which makes me think Muslim.
Too green to be somewhere in the Gulf or North Africa? Architecture looks kinda European.

So I'm guessing Balkans somewhere. Sarajevo maybe?

I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out why "traffic" on this one is so slow. I've seen much more obscure ones, and with less info. Someone even got the region on the third guess.

I'll chalk it up to chance--everyone getting busy at the same time or something--I suppose. :)

To recap (and just to bump this sucker!):

It's a city in a Balkan, on an arm of the Med. That narrows it down to 5 or 6 countries. City is about 15 miles from said arm of the Med. Unique landmark to check against if you have a candidate city.

Latest posts

Back