Name of Probe Connector Style for Kal Build?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skidmark

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry if that didn't make any sense, but I'm trying to figure out what style the RTD quick disconnect is called on a Kal build. I need to convert some two-pin probes to the usual three-pin style, buy I have no idea where to start looking for that connx ...

Thanks!

Gotcha, might be more along the lines of what Auber lists as RTDCON. Used in their pre-wired probe/cable kits. Some of those cables/kits on Auber's site had pinouts IIRC as well.

There's also this. You might be able to sort out what you're after by finding your sensor (or simliar one) on Auber's site and then following the breadcrumbs from there.

Gotcha, might be more along the lines of what Auber lists as RTDCON. Used in their pre-wired probe/cable kits. Some of those cables/kits on Auber's site had pinouts IIRC as well.

There's also this. You might be able to sort out what you're after by finding your sensor (or simliar one) on Auber's site and then following the breadcrumbs from there.

Thanks for the help. I've already been through all those, but there is nothing past "connector" as a description. I'm hoping that someone knows the industry term for it.

Ahh - sorry I couldn't help get this sorted for you. I did recently buy a pair of those referenced temp sensors, so if you need pinouts or specific dimensions, I'm happy to bust out the mulitmeter or calipers.

Ahh - sorry I couldn't help get this sorted for you. I did recently buy a pair of those referenced temp sensors, so if you need pinouts or specific dimensions, I'm happy to bust out the mulitmeter or calipers.

Yeah, I've one in hand, but the problem is that it's a two pin, and my cables are set up for three. Unfortunately, those two pins don't line up with the three mating holes on my connection.

Those connectors are XS12 three pin connectors, at least the ones on Panel mount connector for RTD sensor [RTDCON] - $3.75 : Auber Instruments, Inc., Temperature control solutions for home and industry are. If you zoom in on the mated pair on the image, you can see the XS12-JK 3P printed on the barrel.

They come in push and aviation threaded models.

Also, Panel-mount connector for RTD Sensor [P2CON-XS12-PNL] - $5.00 : Auber Instruments, Inc., Temperature control solutions for home and industry explicitly calls it an XS12.

Those connectors are XS12 three pin connectors, at least the ones on Panel mount connector for RTD sensor [RTDCON] - $3.75 : Auber Instruments, Inc., Temperature control solutions for home and industry are. If you zoom in on the mated pair on the image, you can see the XS12-JK 3P printed on the barrel.

They come in push and aviation threaded models.

Also, Panel-mount connector for RTD Sensor [P2CON-XS12-PNL] - $5.00 : Auber Instruments, Inc., Temperature control solutions for home and industry explicitly calls it an XS12.
Well, poop. I know that I looked through that page, but I never thought to pick apart their catalog number ...

Thank you very much!

Back