Naked City Taphouse Grand Opening!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great. :cross:

Hopefully there's no permanent record of that. ;)

there is.

Picture_8.png

hey! yeah i had a great time too! it was great meeting up with some of you. like pnwgirl said, lets make it a regular thing. :rockin:

GRATS!!! I trust opening night was a success! If I'm ever in the area your establishment will be one of the destinations I plan my trip around! SWMBO wants to see all the sights, I wanna sample all the beers! I can't wait to get up there!!! Just your backup beers make my mouth water. GRATS again!!!!!

Hoprod on backup???? NOOOOOOO...
oh well, will be my incentive to come back as often as possible, so that I can be there
when it goes on tap... that is my major "go to" beer lately, but have never had the chance to have it on tap... I can't wait.

Wanted to let you know, Hop Rod is now on tap! Along with Russian River Damnation, Ninkasi Believer Double Red and Chuckanut Marzen.

Better get down here!. :D

Wanted to let you know, Hop Rod is now on tap! Along with Russian River Damnation, Ninkasi Believer Double Red and Chuckanut Marzen.

Better get down here!. :D

Actually, its UP for me, but yeah, now is my chance to come in when I can actually get in the door :drunk:

I will have to see what my buddies have going on this weekend...

Blew my mind how busy things looked last night too! Brewtopia I think you have a verifiable success story. Hopefully I can manage to find a spot at the bar on a semi-regular basis.

Dropped by and had a barleywine on opening night. HOLY CR*P it was crowded. I'm happy for you guys, but I enjoy a more mellow scene. I suspect that it will quiet down, and then I'll be back for more than just one beer.

Didn't get a chance to ask around and see who the other HBT'ers were, but I was maybe fairly noticiable with a black motorcycle jacket and helmet. My bud had his helmet too.

met a nice lady, but only chatted for a couple minutes. SWMBO would not have been amused if I'd stayed longer, LOL.

I had no time at all to take any pictures. The night was insanely busy. Thanks o all the HBT'ers that came by. If any of you took pictures, I'd love to see them as well. The whole night was a blur. :mug:

Totally understandable. I didn't figure you'd be snapping pics - you had much more important things to do. I just figured one of these other slackers who were lucky enough to be there would have snapped a few pics.

Congrats man, it looks like you've got a successful joint there. Hopefully things stay steady for you...and hopefully I'll get out to Seattle sometime to check it out. :mug:

Totally understandable. I didn't figure you'd be snapping pics - you had much more important things to do. I just figured one of these other slackers who were lucky enough to be there would have snapped a few pics.

There were several people taking pictures and some video was shot as well. Unfortunately, I have neither. My camera phone would not have done much more justice to the event than the webcam. I'll post a link if I find any pictures from the release.

Congrats man! If I ever get to Seattle I am definately gonna stop by and get trashed. Wish you the best of luck.

Looks like the wife & I will be doing an Alaskan cruise out of Seattle in late June or early July of 2009. We'll have some time to sightsee and are planning on stopping in to have some brews and eats!:)

Well turns out last minute plans have me in Seattle this coming weekend!!! :ban:

I will be there with a few friends from vegas going to the Cardinals VS Seahakws game!

<-----Cardinals fan (pls don't hold it against me). I will be the only cards fan. All my buds are from Seattle.

Anywho we want to come by and check it out! :tank:

Yeehaw!

I'm headed to Seattle for work for a couple of days, so I'm absolutely going to stop in and sample a pint or two. Really looking forward to it.

I finally had the chance to stop by on Monday night. Brewtopia wasn't in, but I enjoyed the Naked City dubbel immensely, and got the chance to meet the "other" Don and his wife. Naked City is now one of my "must visit" destinations for when I'm in Seattle.

More detail is on my blog, if anybody's interested.

Wow was great seeing all the pictures from the start until when you were able to open it. As others have said your living the dream. How has business been lately? Still going strong?

I've been very remiss in writing in on this. The last few months at work have been hell and I also had some trouble logging onto the site a couple of times.

I visited Naked City December 16th. It was awesome. Brewtopia was present and was a gracious host. I scored a bottle of Gilda (still awaiting a worth occasion). The Dubbel was kickass and the sausage was a great base for what developed into a night of reckless debauchery throughout the Seattle metropolitan area.

Next week baby! SWMBO and I will be at the Naked City! I was looking at the website's tap list tonight, MAN I hope a few of those are still on tap when we get there.

We'll be there 3 nights, I plan on trying every single beer there over the 3 days. ;)

Next week baby! SWMBO and I will be at the Naked City! I was looking at the website's tap list tonight, MAN I hope a few of those are still on tap when we get there.

We'll be there 3 nights, I plan on trying every single beer there over the 3 days. ;)

Plan on bringing any back with you?

Let us know. I still haven't made it there yet, but meeting an HBT member from the opposite coast would be a motivator.

Reposted from the NakedCityBrewing.com email.

Welcome to a special advanced edition of our monthly newsletter. We still plan on sending our regular newsletter out within the first week of February but we wanted to make everyone aware of a couple of events scheduled early in the month that we are very excited about.

Super Bowl Sunday
Come on down to Naked City Taphouse on Sunday February 1st and watch Super Bowl XLIII on our two 42&#8221; plasma screens above the bar. We will be featuring $1.00 off draft beers all day as well as food specials.

Lost Abbey/Port Brewing event with Tomme Arthur
We are very excited to be hosting Tomme Arthur at Naked City Taphouse on Monday, February 2nd from 6-8pm. We have managed to secure 3 kegs of Lost Abbey beers for the event including Devotion, Red Barn Ale and the newly released Serpent&#8217;s Stout. We will also be featuring some select Port Brewing beers in the bottle. Come on down and taste these wonderful beers and meet one of the nation&#8217;s foremost brewers.

Hope to see you all at Naked City!

It sucks we are going to miss that Tomme Arthur thang, we get in Tuesday. Errrr. Hope they have some beer left! ;)

McBrew, if you wanna meet up, we will be there Tuesday-Thursday nights for sure. We have some day trip plans in the mornings and afternoons, but the evenings we'll be parked at the Naked City. Hopefully Brewtopia is around a little bit!!!!

It sucks we are going to miss that Tomme Arthur thang, we get in Tuesday. Errrr. Hope they have some beer left! ;)

McBrew, if you wanna meet up, we will be there Tuesday-Thursday nights for sure. We have some day trip plans in the mornings and afternoons, but the evenings we'll be parked at the Naked City. Hopefully Brewtopia is around a little bit!!!!

I will definitely be there on Tuesday and Thursday. I plan on attending a Lost Abbey brewer's dinner at Collin's Pub with Tomme Arthur on Wednesday evening. Should be a great night. Is that something you guy's would be interested in? The brewer's dinners at Collins are always awesome. 4-5 courses, beer matched with each course. I believe it's $70.00 per person which includes gratuity.

I will definitely be there on Tuesday and Thursday. I plan on attending a Lost Abbey brewer's dinner at Collin's Pub with Tomme Arthur on Wednesday evening. Should be a great night. Is that something you guy's would be interested in? The brewer's dinners at Collins are always awesome. 4-5 courses, beer matched with each course. I believe it's $70.00 per person which includes gratuity.

Definitely!!! If you can reserve us 2 seats, that would be great. I will call the pub in the morning and see if I can pay for it.

I can't wait to see the Taphouse bro...I am SO excited!!!!!!

Not too likely I'll make it over. Weekdays are difficult as it is and my wife works later than I do, so someone has to watch the kids. I'm still trying to work out something.

Had an incredible time! Dude and SWMBO are awesome. we first met at NHC 2007 and I'll tell you right now... you will not find more supportive folks out there in the beer community. Thanks for swinging by Naked City, we'll see you again soon!

Back