Mypin PID white clip things? Where can I get them?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
... or know where to buy them? These clips snap onto the sides of the PID and keep it from sliding out of the enclosure. I got some PIDs used and the clips weren't included. Thanks!

upload_2019-6-14_22-22-51-png.631244

Seems like a lot of these same PID units get re-branded and sold under different names.
You might find the retainer clips sold under one of those brands.
Good luck!

In the past, I have used a bead of silicone RTV on the inside of the panel to hold in panel mounted devices like PIDs that had broken or missing mounting hardware.

It actually works really well and can be removed if you need to take the device out at some later date.

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of these same PID units get re-branded and sold under different names.
Good luck!

In the past, I have used a bead of silicone RTV on the inside of the panel to hold in panel mounted devices like PIDs that had broken or missing mounting hardware.

It actually works really well and can be removed if you need to take the device out at some later date.
I have owned a lot of pids and the mypin ones are only sold as APGTEK or mypin and use these unique clips. people tend to toss them because they cant figure them out from what if read from other in the past asking me how to get the pids mounted.

You can use something like zip ties or hoseclamps areound the pid body to hold it snug against the panel surface as well. thats what I know another member here did.

BTW if this is for a boil kettle I strongly suggest replacing the ta series pid with a td4 anyway for the manual smooth boil control. they are about $35 on ebay new.

I have owned a lot of pids and the mypin ones are only sold as APGTEK or mypin and use these unique clips. people tend to toss them because they cant figure them out from what if read from other in the past asking me how to get the pids mounted.

You can use something like zip ties or hoseclamps areound the pid body to hold it snug against the panel surface as well. thats what I know another member here did.

BTW if this is for a boil kettle I strongly suggest replacing the ta series pid with a td4 anyway for the manual smooth boil control. they are about $35 on ebay new.

I'm going to look a bit more for the clips, and if I can't find them I'll probably just end up caulking them in there for now.

I've got an Auber EasyBoil PID for the boil PID. I'm using the MyPins for HLT and as a temperature display for the mash tun. When I get my HERMs coil installed, I might also switch the HLT to the EasyBoil since I think I can do step mashes with it.

That's a good idea. But it's pretty tight in there (I've got a electric brewery clone, so PID-type boxes in a row). Might be easier with a long caulking nipple.
yeah it will work fine for hlt control.. I had a similar setup with my ezboil for my BK and mypin for hlt. ezboil was cool but ended up not using most of the features as I found the menu system confusing after using the mypins for so long.

yeah it will work fine for hlt control.. I had a similar setup with my ezboil for my BK and mypin for hlt. ezboil was cool but ended up not using most of the features as I found the menu system confusing after using the mypins for so long.

Took me a while to figure out the EasyBoil (the DSPR320 model). It was confusing as heck, but once I got my head wrapped around it I realized that it's pretty simple. Still, I will probably make a cheatsheet to put on the wall until I get the hang of it.

Good luck!

I took your advice and just caulked them down on the inside (and also a relay that I had JB-welded in there but had broken loose). Worked great! I think the mash PID is slightly tilted (second from left), but from the front you can't really tell. My new panel is FINISHED! That was the last thing. I bought this thing half finished from another member.

upload_2019-6-18_20-48-57.png

Are you sure those are Ta4 models? the grey faced mypins used to be the TD series I guess it doesnt matter in your case though. It actually looks identical to my layout on my old panel as far as the ezboil, 2 mypins and the same timer I had my ezboil wired up to automatically start my timer when it reached a boil and started its own main timer for the boil, I used the dedicated timer for hop additions.

Are you sure those are Ta4 models? the grey faced mypins used to be the TD series I guess it doesnt matter in your case though. It actually looks identical to my layout on my old panel as far as the ezboil, 2 mypins and the same timer I had my ezboil wired up to automatically start my timer when it reached a boil and started its own main timer for the boil, I used the dedicated timer for hop additions.

They ARE TD4. Hmmm... off to figure out what that means...

[edit] ah, the TD4 has manual mode to set duty cycle and control the boil. TA4 does not. That's good but, as you stated augie, not necessary for me because I have the auber pid there for the boil.

Back