My portable party kegger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hifiguy

Reaction score
Posting a quick pick of a carrier I made for my 2.5 gallon corny. Made out of African mahogany, this wood should hold up to being taken in and out of the fridge..... For walks to my neighbors house.
I've only taken this to a couple parties but man, when I walk in the door everybody gets pretty happy quick!

Posting just to share. Been lurking on this site for too long and feel the need to reciprocate

P1030350.jpg

That is something to be proud of! I'd like to see more pictures of how you made it, the back, tubing etc if you are willing to share.

I'll post some additional pics tomorrow and give some more commentary then. As for the foam, I've always been pretty careful handling that thing. It has a handle although I honestly carry it like a newborn.

No foaming issues but I set the pressure with my regular co2 setup and don't connect the little co2 unless I'm there. People love pulling the trigger on that thing.......and then I'm foaming everywhere. I use 6 feet of 1/4 ID line and barely 5lbs pressure

Ok attaching a couple simple pics, one of the rear and a closeup of one side. Pic quality isn't that great but you'll get the idea.

The closeup merely details the groove and tight tolerances around the corny. I considered all kinds of ways to "lock" this thing into the carrier although found, with a snug fit and 2.5 gallons of beer.....this thing isn't moving anywhere. The rubber feet on the corny also help.

The rear pic shows the beverage line (which it turns out is 5 feet). All joinery is a combination of mortise and tenon and screws with the holes plugged with hard maple, just for looks. It's very sturdy although I honestly carry it with my hands under the base.....just to reduce the amount of "sloshing". No problems with foaming although reducing the pressure and a nice cold glass also helps!

groove.jpg

rear.jpg

I may not be a beer drinker, but that is a nice setup-- might have to steal it for my soda quests.

NOT A BEER DRINKER?! thats just absurd! haha as far as this mini keg goes, FRICKING AWESOME! great job on the design and craftsmanship, very cool gadget!

Back