In praise of the PANCHO'S KEG KOOLER

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealthfixr

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am relatively new into kegging and needed to share a full 5 gallon corny keg at a local club party. There's a lot of ways to do this, and some are easier than others.

I considered a jockey box and/or using smaller kegs (2.5 gal) that might fit in a fridge, but ultimately decided on the basic Pancho Keg Kooler to accommodate a full, 5gal keg. I decided to get this so I did not need to clean out a jockey box coils/lines, to have a keg that was easily/quickly chilled with ice, to ease cleaning and draining afterwards, and the built-in tap to make dispensing super easy. The setup & beer was a huge hit, and the 30+ person party floated the keg in no time! The beer was a Kolsch, and that was universally applauded too--kind of a lucky choice as I brewed it for me and decided later to donate it, yet the Bud Lite drinkers loved it (as opposed to, say, a standard IPA reaction by light lager people). I used a portable CO2 cartridge regulator to pressurize the keg, and it was nice because is easily fit within the interior space. But, changing cartridges to keep beer flowing a few times was a drag. I think I will try to use Sodastream CO2 canisters next time, and likely dispense a full, 5gal keg with just one tank and no messing with it once setup.

No connection, just a happy customer that loved a product and sharing in case it helps anyone else. My Pancho Keg Kooler will get used over and over in the coming years. See Keg Kooler | Pancho's Brewing Lab
if you are interested.

Latest posts

Back