My new favorite yeast! BRY-97 Baby!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jma99

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I love this yeast! BRY-97!
It's dry!
It's cheap!
It's clean!
It drops like a rock when done!
It's fast!
Did I mention it's dry and cheap?

I have used this in 3, 10 gal all grain batches and each one was very clean, with a good malt backbone, and the hops shine through. And clear as a bell! This yeast knows how to flock!

And......... did I say it's both cheap and dry?

(I'd give a dancing banana, but this yeast is so clean, you couldn't taste it!)

I just bottled an IPA that I used it in. I wanted to try it and see how it performed.

Good to hear you liked it. I have heard differing reports on it.

I will know in a few weeks.

It could be good to have another dry yeast option.

First I've heard of it. Reading about it on the Danstar site, it seems like its intended to be like the Chico strain - US-05 and WLP001. Is it the same strain?

First I've heard of it. Reading about it on the Danstar site, it seems like its intended to be like the Chico strain - US-05 and WLP001. Is it the same strain?

It's not the same.

Greater lag time, doesn't perform as well on the lower end of the temp spectrum, and many report some different flavors. There's a couple big threads about it here, I'll try to dig them up.

EDIT: Here's the bigg one: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f163/anyone-try-bry-97-yet-333553/

Back