My label, can anyone tweak it a little?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andysam

Reaction score
I have it in PDF format, how do I load it on here? I know how to include a pic, but I can not seem to save the PDF as a JPEG or anything other than PDF.

8351935.jpg

There we go.

I know that it is very plain, but I like the general idea. I want to have a rook in the logo. That way I can have a rook on my tap handle. I would love for the logo to be more detailed, but I am not very good. Does anyone have some time to help me revise this?

I am not too partial to the set up, as I dont even know where I would put my writing. I would like to have Sampson Brewing and the title of the beer on the logo too.

What I would really love is to have some sort of easy design inside of the logo that I could put onto a box or a hat.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help.

Or can I just get some ideas from people on how to improve it?
Thanks!

How about rather than having the red edged "shield" on the rook, you make the shield larger, place the rook inside of it and have the "SB" the same color as the words "Samson Brew" and have that on the rook itself.

I like the overall look, simplicity is not necessarily a bad thing - better than over the top. I'm not sure what program you're creating this in, but if you can make gradients, you can add some depth to the design without changing it much.

For the rook, you could use a left-to-right linear gradient, meaning just a fade from one color to another. If go from a brown that's a little lighter (than what you have) on the left, to a brown that's a little darker on the right, that would make it pop a little. For the main part of the shield (the light brown, not the red), you could do the same, again taking colors a little lighter and darker than what you have, and creating a gradient either from the top to bottom, or upper left to lower right. It's a relatively simple way to make it look a little less flat, while keeping things close to your original.

Thanks for the tips guys! I am having a buddy that is doing this for me, as I do not know how. I hope he can get to it soon.

Here's a thought that I threw together using images from the web. I found an image of a Rook and then I did a search for the Sampson Crest or Coat of Arms and this seemed to be the most common image that showed up so that's the one I chose and added the S&B to the shield. Maybe you can get some ideas from it

sampsonrook.jpg

WOW, that is Awesome! Where would you suggest that I put the name of the beer? A good looking spot I mean. Is there a way that I can open it and edit it?

You could mess around with the basic ide and maybe put the name of the beer where "Sampson" is and move Sampson Brew up into the the horizontal band in the cross or something or add another banner or add some small text along the green half circles on each side like ABV etc. I just threw that together to try and help spark some ideas.

I can send you a layered Photoshop file but you'd need an application that can open it in layers. It's also just images from the web so they're low-resolution and probably won't print that well.

Thanks Thwizzit! I just downloaded GimpShop and have been messing around with it. Will Gimp open your photoshop file? If so, I would love for you to send me the file. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back