My head is going to explode

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinJay

Reaction score
Just opened up my kegerator this morning, to finally hook up the last air line, only to discover I have a floating keg!!!!! The $2 seal on my "new used" keg from Midwest was broken and had drained my new pumpkin ale!!!! So sad, didn't even get to enjoy a single glass of it. Well now off to clean it up before it gets to bad...

I'd at least drink some from the bottom of the kegerator in remembrance. My condolences...

Did you not have a liquid QD & line on the post so it came out of the post/poppet? I'm just trying to figure how such a tragedy could occur.

I had the QD & line hooked up, but the seal on the outside of the post was broken so the beer seeped past the seal between the post and the QD. At least that's how it looked anyway, that was the only place i saw a trail of beer. Let this be a warning to all, CHECK YOUR GASKETS EVERY TIME!!!!!

That sucks man. Losing a subsistence pale ale or such is one thing, but a one-off seasonal like a pumpkin beer really sucks.

Go ahead and treat yourself to a new gadget for your brewery. It'll take your mind off the lost beer.

Until you count to five, the beer is fair game in my book. Tragic man sorry to hear it.

Wow, what a coincidence. Look at what I discovered last night! All 5 gallons of my brown ale in the bottom of my freezer. In my case, the culprit was a cheap picnic tapper. A moment of silence, please.

brown.jpg

Back