My first Keezer (10 tap)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan46nbrew

Reaction score
I hadn't seen many 10 tap homemade keezers and thought why not try to make one...

Attachments

• IMG_0330.jpeg
    IMG_0330.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0275.jpeg
    IMG_0275.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0397.jpeg
    IMG_0397.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 264
Last edited:
The biggest problem is keeping them fresh. With 10 there are always some slow movers. But you don't get as bored. I keep a few kegs of pop for the kids, and you can do meads, ciders and sparkling wines as well, and still have a variety of beer. But there are still days when I want something else....

That is beautiful! You have some nice wood working skills. And that flag is a real nice touch. What kind of wood did you use?

21cf is huge. And your using 1/6 barrel beer kegs with plenty of extra space. I wish I would have but the bullet and bought a 21c.f..

That is beautiful! You have some nice wood working skills. And that flag is a real nice touch. What kind of wood did you use?

21cf is huge. And your using 1/6 barrel beer kegs with plenty of extra space. I wish I would have but the bullet and bought a 21c.f..

Thanks, I used 5 ply for the shell and then covered it with 1/4" thick strips of aromatic cedar. The collar is made out of poplar and the fridge is secured by 2x4s in between it and the shell. Its also on locking casters so you can move it around... The extra space next to the kegs is where I keep the CO2 and nitrogen tanks.

Your keezer is nicely done. Can you tell me a little more about your brewing set-up and process? Do you do BIAB, 2V, 3V or hybrid? What size batch(es) do you typically brew? Do you store ready-to-drink beer in this keezer prior to hooking up the keg? I'm curious about your current set-up because I am in the process of planning an addition on to an outbuilding that will be used for a brewery and taproom for personal use. I have a (DIY) walk-in-cooler and am contemplating not using it and switching to a glycol system for fermenting.

Your keezer is nicely done. Can you tell me a little more about your brewing set-up and process? Do you do BIAB, 2V, 3V or hybrid? What size batch(es) do you typically brew? Do you store ready-to-drink beer in this keezer prior to hooking up the keg? I'm curious about your current set-up because I am in the process of planning an addition on to an outbuilding that will be used for a brewery and taproom for personal use. I have a (DIY) walk-in-cooler and am contemplating not using it and switching to a glycol system for fermenting.

I use a 3 vessel 240V Spike Trio for brewing. I usually do 11.5 gallon batches. I store kegs in there to condition but will get another fridge soon and just have ready to drink kegs in the kegerator. For fermenting I'm using a glycol system to regulate temps and cold crash. Eventually I want to expand and make a separate cold room to condition kegs and serve with an adjoining room.

IMG_0916.jpeg

Here's a shot with some taps handles... just have home-brew in it, not the actual beer of the taps...

Last edited:
Most were around $30-$50… a few were a little more :ghostly: but that’s nothing compared to the faucets, regulators, couplers, and kegs… that’s where it really hurt the pocketbook.

Last edited:
what do you suppose the lifespan of a kegged beer is...how long before it starts to change?
Also, change is not always bad! I’ve got a doppelsticke altbier I fully intend to leave in the keg for at least 6 months before I even taste it. On the other hand, I just dumped an IPA after it has been on tap 6 months.

what do you suppose the lifespan of a kegged beer is...how long before it starts to change?

The hoppier they are the sooner they die. I have a Marzen that is just fine after 2 years, but a summer beer is starting to fade at 6 months. The Marzen was for a party that didn't happen, and I am not a big fan of the hop I tried in it.k Have to pull the lines and clean them occasionally, stuff will grow in the faucet

Latest posts

Back