Music is dead!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well not quite.

Lets say you can only listen to one style of music EVER!
What would it be.

I'm half way to :drunk: and listening to Blue Grass.

I think I'll pick Blue Grass....... (I think I'm a red neck):eek:

This is a very very hard question I really like a ton of different styles of music so I cant just pick a style....

I think Im going to have to go with Air Supply-Greatest Hits

Progressive Rock. I've been listening to The Mars Volta's release from yesterday, The Bedlam in Goliath all day on repeat. Freakin' amazing. Thomas Pridgen is ridonkulous on those drums.

This band continues to floor me.

PseudoChef said:
Progressive Rock. I've been listening to The Mars Volta's release from yesterday, The Bedlam in Goliath all day on repeat. Freakin' amazing. Thomas Pridgen is ridonkulous on those drums.

This band continues to floor me.

I just saw that came out on Rhapsody yesterday, I'm gonna have to give that a listen.

The sound of SWMBO talking to me. It's like beaetiful music. :)

OH! Sorry, I thought I was in the Cosmo forum again....

Classic rock RULES!

2nd choice BLUES

orfy said:
I'm close to getting the Pastor sound!
You have to be careful about the pastor sound. It can easily turn into a really horrible roar that is caused by playing everything in reverse. It really can mess up your shoes too.

I don't listen to music much, I've really gotten to love the quiet up here. Most of what I have is late '60s early-'70s rock. I'll go with "Raptor attacking small rodents". Happiness is another dead gopher!

If all other music disappeared, I'd probably finally learn to play the cheap-#ss violin I bought off ebay years ago.

If my violin, guitar, and electric organ all vanished, I can only hope I still have a record player and my early press of The Velvet Underground's Live in 1969.

The ten years surrounding 1993

The ten years surrounding 1970 would be my second choice.

Don't we all just usually like the music from our teen years most?

Rhoobarb said:
Rock from the years 1967-1981.

That one. I couldn't live without, among MANY others, Blue Oyster Cult, The Eagles, AC/DC, The Doors, Led Zep, Foghat... man, need I go on?

Gotta be what Rhoobarb and Chriso and many others said....make it classic rock 4-ever.Seems to be the most popular choice...maybe it's our ages,i'm 49.
Cheers

Onescalerguy said:
Seems to be the most popular choice...maybe it's our ages,i'm 49.
I'm less than half that. 22. I was just raised on good music. Classical piano, and classic rock were my staple musics.

I'd be happy with Culture Club and WHAM! (KIDDING!!!)
I'm being kind of broad here, but I'd have to go with Rock music. Any and all forms of it, with the exception of Emo.

Gotta have my Social Distortion and my Bloodhound Gang!

ma2brew said:
Gregorian Chant
Really? Awesome. I've got some really good Deller Consort gregorian chant that I'm going to listen to now because of this.

If I had to pick one, though, it would probably be the vaguest possible definition of "indie".

Buena Vista Social Club.

I have been obsessing over the Pandora channel I created, based on Alkaline Trio, Box Car Racer, +44, Angels and Airwaves, a punk rock channel I've really grown to like...

I also created a Buena Vista Social club Channel and find myself really liking that as well...

hard question to answer....

I listen to almost every style of music, except pop, new country, and opera. I would almost rather have no music at all than have to pick one for eternity.

OT: Does anyone here (especially those of you who picked Bluegrass or punk) listen to The Devil Makes Three? One of the best bands I've discovered in the last few years!

Kai said:
Really? Awesome. I've got some really good Deller Consort gregorian chant that I'm going to listen to now because of this.

If I had to pick one, though, it would probably be the vaguest possible definition of "indie".
Only a half-joke, I actually really enjoy chant, but I doubt I could really listen to it only for the rest of my life. I love all music, even some hip-hop/rap, but I believe that if I could only listen to, say, even just one band/composer I think I can narrow it down to a few. I think I could survive on any one of the following for some time:
-The Who
-Genesis-from Gabriel through Pre-Su-Seudio Collins
-Mozart
-Haydn (although this last one might be replaced easily by Verdi)

i'd go with bluegrass orfy... tis the most natural of folk song... :fro:

[youtube]USGAvfxfmvU[/youtube]

[youtube]vYduAMqy-Z8[/youtube]

Seems to be an unusual lot of bluegrass fans here. I've been down to Winfield for the huge Bluegrass festival a time or two, and it is some toe tapping stuff. But man, a lifetime of it on a deserted island? I'd take a coconut shot to the head after awhile.

Not meaning to denigrate bluegrass fans, love the music, but just not as the only choice. I love listening to and playing bagpipes too, but not as the last music on earth choice.

Another vote for the classic rock, 1967 to 1981 vintage.

Back