Music is dead!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sticking to your OP Orfy, it would be rock. But narrowing it, would be Blues-Based rock. This applies to a lot of the English bands of the late 60's into the early to mid 70's, and the "Southern" rock of the mid to late 70's, to the current Houserockin' music being generated by a lot of blues based artists. In the end, I could be quite content to listening to every Zep album and concert bootleg for a very long time.

There are however, rock bands whose style is unique and I could quite spend a few years with as well... Rush has an epic, orchestral style, even when they got away from their theme albums, while Yes kept pushing art-rock further and further... Floyd is Floyd, and enough said....

In the end, too much to narrow down. :rockin:

Ize

I already only listen to one kind of music (for 99% of the time) 80's New Wave.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if the question wasn't as broad as a style, but narrowed to a single performer or group?

You're on the desert island....call it.

Van Morrison

Not Classic Rock that the radio stations play now, but the album rock they played back when it was popular.
I used to love it when the DJ said "let's play side #1 of (whatever)", then they would play the whole side.
That's why I listen to sirius16 most of the time

I'd like to poke my eardrums in with sharp sticks if I could only listen to one kind of music. Seriously.

If I had to pick an absolute favorite genre, it would probably be ambient. Rock would be next, only because it's such a BROAD category that it pulls in a LOT of stuff.

Just right now I have "Wish you were here" playing...

<-------------------- :D

Though I'm not sure how I'd live w/o Pink Floyd and The Velvet Underground...

RICLARK said:
Probably Johnny Cash.

I've been trying to see this band, The Flametrick Subs, for awhile now but just haven't yet. They discribe themselves as sounding like "Johnny Cash shooting speed in the graveyard...with the Devil" :rockin:

cowgo said:
What if the question wasn't as broad as a style, but narrowed to a single performer or group?

You're on the desert island....call it.

Van Morrison

Anything and everything that J.Robbins has touched.

If it were a genre of music I would say metal. But if it were a single song I would take Gary Jules' "Mad World" not the tears for fears version. That song makes me cry...but in a manly way.

Alamo_Beer said:
<-------------------- :D

Though I'm not sure how I'd live w/o Pink Floyd and The Velvet Underground...

I've been trying to see this band, The Flametrick Subs, for awhile now but just haven't yet. They discribe themselves as sounding like "Johnny Cash shooting speed in the graveyard...with the Devil" :rockin:

Thanks for the Link, I checked out there page and I think I like em, There kinda got that Hank III Psychobilly style I like it!

No prob! I posted about them awhile ago w/no interest. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=43998 It's got a link where you can listen to a few of thier songs...

Oh and Satan's Cheerleaders are awesome!http://www.satanscheerleaders.com/

021_jpg.jpg

If I had to listen to just one band the rest of the life I would definitely have to go with THE GRATEFUL DEAD! So many shows so little time!:mug:

I couldn't pick one style or genre let alone one band. Music is my other hobby - I have over 35,000 .mp3 files constituting 200+GB of tunage. Everything from King Diamond to Neil Diamond and Bob Marley to Bob Wills. Gotta have tunes. I even include what I'm listening to while brewing in my notes.

I would have to pick Rock n' Roll. That's all I've been listening to for the last five years anyway. :D That encompasses a large number of bands from the ;60s to '90s, so I would be set for a while.

One band only- The Grateful Dead. I've got about 300 shows as it is, so it would be a looong time before I had to listen to something twice.

Well not quite.

Lets say you can only listen to one style of music EVER!
What would it be.

I'm half way to :drunk: and listening to Blue Grass.

I think I'll pick Blue Grass....... (I think I'm a red neck):eek:

Blues, lots of variations in blues. :)

It would probably have to be the Beatles and related works. My reasoning is that they have a large collection of music, timeless, thoughtful, and doesn't grate the ear drums.

Zep, Floyd, VH... Basically Classic Rock. But I'd hate for it to be only one style TBH. I too could go for some bluegrass now and then. Maybe some 80's pop to lighten the mood. Some Classical greats thrown in on the odd weekend.

Back