Multiple Kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

instinct2

Reaction score
I've purchased a freezer and have a regulator for temp. I'm now ready to start looking into kegging equipment.

I've done some searching and unable to find a definite answer on what I need. I would like the ability to have 4 to 6 kegs on tap for parties and for personal use :D What would I need to make this happen? Should I buy a kit or just piece everything together? Would personally like a list of items that are needed and how many of each. Thanks!

Assuming your freezer can hold 4-6 kegs...

4-6 kegs
6-8 gas connectors
6-8 liquid connectors
CO2 tank (5 or 10 lb)
40-60 ft of beer line
20-30 ft of gas line
a quality regulator
4-6 faucets (I like Perlicks)
4-6 shanks
4-6 tap handles
4-6 port gas manifold - You need to distribute gas to your kegs
assorted clamps, washers, o-rings, Teflon tape
keg lube
a lot of $$$$

if you're doing a collar you'll need wood and foam insulation.

that covers most of it I think. I'd piece it together. You can hunt around for the best prices.

Thanks for the quick reply! My freezer should be able to hold 8 to 9 is what I'm figuring.

How long would a Co2 tank last with this many kegs? Am I better getting two 5lbs to keep a constant pressure when I run out or is it necessary? Would you go with a two fives or a single 10?

Pound for pound a 20 lb tank is cheaper to fill too. That should last you for a long time. The extra gas and liquid connectors above are good to have for transferring between kegs, carbing, and cleaning.

I have 2-5lbs and 1-10 lb. I think 5 lbs will handle ~7-8 kegs. If you can swing it I'd get a second tank/regulator as well. It comes in handy for purging kegs and force carbing. It's much easier to work when your tank is outside of the keg.

I have 2-5lbs and 1-10 lb. I think 5 lbs will handle ~7-8 kegs. If you can swing it I'd get a second tank/regulator as well. It comes in handy for purging kegs and force carbing. It's much easier to work when your tank is outside of the keg.

with that many kegs i would also vote for 2 5lb tanks, though when talking corny kegs, you'll be able to push/carb many more than 7-8 kegs.. you would only "need" a single 5 lb to start with, especially if you were paying for everything else may be good to just get one down the line if needed

I was on the beverage Factory today doing the same thing....

I am building two Keezers (7.2 Cubic Feet ea) and I have planned on putting one 2-Tap tower on each and use the extra room but now I am at the point where the table/bar top is stained, coated, and now I am thinking of putting Two 2-Taps.

I have not figured it out yet but the Beverage favtory does have Keggerator and keezer kits that include everthing...

BUT::: The ones I have seen are for up to three kegs at once. Link Below...

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/conversion-kits.shtml

Back