Moving across town...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoooonSquad

Reaction score
I'm moving to a new apartment this weekend. I have a DFH 60 that is finishing primary right now. It will have to dry hop for a week in secondary next.

Is it better to move it in the car in the primary bucket, or should I rack it to the carboy first? Or does it even matter?

I wouldn't say it really matters. Drive slow. Watch oiut for sppedbumps. Let it dot a few days after moving. I moved 4 primaries last year in th trnk of my car. No issues. Have fun unpacking.

it should not be a problem moving in primary. id personally recommend that if you do dont transfer right away and let the trub settle back down. youll probably be busy unpacking anyways so it shouldnt be a problem

I was was transporting a full carboy of mead, and had a strange experience. I don't know if there was a substantial change in elevation or something, but as I neared my destination the airlock blew into the fermenter rather violently; it was pretty crazy. Just might be something worth looking out for.

Latest posts

Back