Mostest Dangerous Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FirstAidBrewing

Reaction score
Yes that is indeed a typo, but compliments the topic.

I am sitting here enjoying my first beer of the weekend: Victory Golden Monkey. At a respectable 9.5% I can say that it's one of those brews that masterfully masks the ABV.

Curious... What beers do y'all think are in that "too smooth to be that strong" league?

Thomas Creek Up the Creek "extreme" IPA weighing in at 12.5%. IMO, most of these strong beers eventually taste strong if you don't drink them fast enough (a.k.a. if you let them warm up).

I once threw a Black Tuesday in the freezer for too long and had stout slushy on the porch after mowing the lawn. Stout slushy lasted about ten minutes.... Comments from swmbo about that day have lasted 3 years and counting.

Ha!

DC Brau OTWOA. I have killed multiple growlers of it. Never remember killing them.

Well, judging by personal experience last night, Ale Asylum's Velveteen Habit fits the thread.

Duvel, too. I've learned my lesson with that stuff.

Heh to me those big stouts arent dangerous. Way too sweet for me to drink quick enough to get plastered. Give me a keg of a something 5-6% range and super dry and it's go time. 12 pilsners later and :drunk:

Place in Fountain Square around my old tattoo shop serves Old Rasputin on Nitro... It goes down like water.

Back