Quantcast

Mostest Dangerous Beers

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

FirstAidBrewing

Reaction score
Yes that is indeed a typo, but compliments the topic.

I am sitting here enjoying my first beer of the weekend: Victory Golden Monkey. At a respectable 9.5% I can say that it's one of those brews that masterfully masks the ABV.

Curious... What beers do y'all think are in that "too smooth to be that strong" league?

Amadeo38

Reaction score
Thomas Creek Up the Creek "extreme" IPA weighing in at 12.5%. IMO, most of these strong beers eventually taste strong if you don't drink them fast enough (a.k.a. if you let them warm up).

PatrickGoss

Reaction score
I once threw a Black Tuesday in the freezer for too long and had stout slushy on the porch after mowing the lawn. Stout slushy lasted about ten minutes.... Comments from swmbo about that day have lasted 3 years and counting.

banesong

Middle Ground Brewing Company
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I once threw a Black Tuesday in the freezer for too long and had stout slushy on the porch after mowing the lawn. Stout slushy lasted about ten minutes.... Comments from swmbo about that day have lasted 3 years and counting.
Ha!

DC Brau OTWOA. I have killed multiple growlers of it. Never remember killing them.

JonM

Reaction score
Well, judging by personal experience last night, Ale Asylum's Velveteen Habit fits the thread.

Duvel, too. I've learned my lesson with that stuff.

iijakii

Reaction score
Heh to me those big stouts arent dangerous. Way too sweet for me to drink quick enough to get plastered. Give me a keg of a something 5-6% range and super dry and it's go time. 12 pilsners later and :drunk:

Natdavis777

Reaction score
Place in Fountain Square around my old tattoo shop serves Old Rasputin on Nitro... It goes down like water.