Morning Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Dean

Reaction score
My coffee maker broke last week, so I've been relying on 7-11 and Dunkin Doughnuts for coffee. I don't like it.

So today my "morning coffee" was replaced with a morning beer. And I am a HUGE coffee drinker so I am currently druck.

I'm speculating that this might become a new weekend pastime. :mug:

That's funny! We drink wine with dinner everynight, and sometime lunch on the weekends. Today, though, my husband started having "breakfast wine". That might be overkill. Maybe he has a problem. I think having dandelion wine with breakfast is a bad choice. I'd lean more towards a red.

i only do that on weekend brew days.

course I brew a couple times a month...and I'll also drink when bottling, racking...testing gravity....looking at the secondary...

maybe you should add a shot of OJ and call it a Beermosa

Warped04 said:
If I do that, I don't drink for 2 days before

Not as a personal check, but this is true. I had a single pint of Bass last night (I bought a bottle of Grand Cru but didn't get to it) but haven't drank for a few days.

Sea said:
Beer and coffee will probably have the opposite effect on your nervous system

I don't drink coffee in the morning to "wake up" I really drink it because it's enjoyable and it's part of my routine. I've found I'm rather immune to most drugs and caffeine is one. Alcohol works for me, but I can down a pot of coffee at 8 pm and sleep like a baby. I know alcohol is a depressant and caffeine is a stimulant. :)

malkore said:
i only do that on weekend brew days

Today is a brew day for me! I've got my Ringwood ale yeast building up right now for a Hobgoblin. I'm stoked.

Beer is the breakfast of champions I do that all the time when I go fishing, sun up with a line in the water and beer in hand

Maybe it's just my college youth, but morning beer IS my routine. Unless, of course I have to be to work early in the am. Wake up, kill any wounded soldiers. If none are still on the battle field, pour a pint. Drink pint in shower, brush teeth, get dressed, etc.
I mean....come on! It's beer or water! I don't have an SWMBO to buy me OJ, milk, coffe etc, and beer is much better than water! Expecially if it's a Tripel. Kind of like breakfast in a glass lol!:mug:

Definitely a red (wine or beer) with any breakfast containing sausage. Except for that nasty sausage with maple syrup. That calls for a bucket.

Right now I've got a molasses oatmeal stout on tap that I've dubbed "liquid breakfast". It's thick, sweet, smooth, and has a great molasses taste... And it is in fact EXCELLENT for breakfast.

What about a nice espresso stout in the morning? I had a few pints of espresso stout once and had a very good buzz with my buzz!

I must still be a noob (a good thing) because the thought of cracking a cold one in the am grosses me out, although I will have a bloody mary in the morning while camping inside the race track in 3 weeks!

hmm IF i'm going to have a drink in the morning I really like Irish Coffee (mmmm Jameson's is the sh*t)

now i like a beer as much as the next heavy drinker, but if you're having espresso stout with your waffles, or drinking pints in the shower on a regular basis, we're going to be seeing you on "Intervention" at some point.

sTango said:
I must still be a noob (a good thing) because the thought of cracking a cold one in the am grosses me out, although I will have a bloody mary in the morning while camping inside the race track in 3 weeks!

Damn n00bs and their rational thought systems...

My energy level requires coffee only in the morning. I drink coffee for the stimulation, the act, and the taste. If I were to have beer, I'd be heading back to slumber land. I never have any days where I can go back to sleeping once I'm up...

I've heard it said that you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning. Well, the road to town is closed due to 12' snow drifts, I now have the day off, and it is morning. I think a day of drinking and brewing is in order.

ScoutMan said:
I've heard it said that you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning. Well, the road to town is closed due to 12' snow drifts, I now have the day off, and it is morning. I think a day of drinking and brewing is in order.

That sounds like a great way to spend a snow day! I'm sure if i made that suggestion to my husband next time we get snow he'd like the whole 'snow thing' more!
:mug:

Soulive said:
My energy level requires coffee only in the morning. I drink coffee for the stimulation, the act, and the taste. If I were to have beer, I'd be heading back to slumber land. I never have any days where I can go back to sleeping once I'm up...

thats kind of the point. I will only crack one open on holidays or days Im on vacation where heading back to bed is a good thing.

cd2448 said:
now i like a beer as much as the next heavy drinker, but if you're having espresso stout with your waffles, or drinking pints in the shower on a regular basis, we're going to be seeing you on "Intervention" at some point.

Who let this guy in? ;) On a serious note though, The tangeray rule of "always in moderation" is never left out. I can't afford to be drunk all the time, so rarely do I ever reach such an intoxication level. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a hot shower and a cold beer waiting for me. :rockin:

Latest posts

Back