MLB Extra Innings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Professor Frink

Reaction score
Has anyone subscribed to this before? I've always gotten the MLB.com subscription in the past, but I was thinking of doing the extra innings this year. I've read that you can't necessarily get all your teams games though (e.g. - I want to be able to watch all the non-blacked out Mets games), is this true?

Professor Frink said:
Has anyone subscribed to this before? I've always gotten the MLB.com subscription in the past, but I was thinking of doing the extra innings this year. I've read that you can't necessarily get all your teams games though (e.g. - I want to be able to watch all the non-blacked out Mets games), is this true?

You'll probably be able to get nearly all games you want, especially since you don't really have a local team market. I believe it's saturday games that are blacked out (only local markets), but, since you don't have a local market (maybe the Nats) you might be able to get the Mets feed.

I'm in Chicago and get it for Red Sox games ... I love it and like it better than the football package.

srm775 said:
You'll probably be able to get nearly all games you want, especially since you don't really have a local team market. I believe it's saturday games that are blacked out (only local markets), but, since you don't have a local market (maybe the Nats) you might be able to get the Mets feed.

It will only black you out of a game if you are located in a teams local zone, and it might black you out on nationally televised games (Fox Sat afternoon, ESPN Sun night, etc). It is the same blackout restrictions as MLB.com. If you get the games you want there, you should have no problem with extra innings.

Mets? METS??? Don't even waste your money.... j/k

I've never gotten the mlb package before but I know a few people that have and some games will get blacked out. An example would be if the mets were playing the local team and the local team's games are already televised in your area the mlb package will blackout the mets game

No need for me. Fox Sports North carries about 140 of the 162 games of the Brewers, and if I watched any more baseball than that, SWMBO would kill me. but I try to sneak in a few, anyway.......;)

You're in the clear for the Mets in NC. The big problem is in the midwest and west where MLB has made the "local" markets huge. For instance all of Iowa is a "local" market for the Cubs, Cardinals, Brewers, Twins, White Sox, and Royals. However, everyone is blacked out for Saturday afternoon games even if they aren't in your local market or on TV (thanks Fox!). The other national blackouts (Sunday Night Baseball and things like playoffs are not such a big deal since they're the only games on that night.

Here is a link to the MLB blackout map. http://bp1.blogger.com/_wvoLtwni0kc/RhUvZd19-xI/AAAAAAAAHg4/nE8fsbE7hmg/s1600-h/MLBBLACKOUT.jpg

I'd love to get Extra Innings so I could watch games all night including my Buccos, but SWMBO would kill me. She hates it when they do the 2 weeks of free previews because I watch 2 games a night.

That's what I originally thought, but when I go to the Time Warner website, it says up to 60 games per week, which didn't seem like it could be all the games, even without the blackout.

Isn't there something like mlb.tv where you can subscribe and get every game for the season? Anyone know anything about this? I'd like to possibly look into that, seeing as I can't catch my Marlins up here in Gainesville.

You'll get just about every game. Especially if you like a sucky team. ESPN will never pick them up for Sunday Night and Fox will never want them for a Saturday game so you're set :)

you should be fine - will be great for you to be able to watch the Mets follow the Phillies home again this year. Burrell for MVP! WOOHOO!

cd2448 said:
you should be fine - will be great for you to be able to watch the Mets follow the Phillies home again this year. Burrell for MVP! WOOHOO!

Well, since the Phils made the playoffs this year, I figure they're not due for another 13 years.

I do miss the Vet cheap seats sometimes though:(

Danny013 said:
Isn't there something like mlb.tv where you can subscribe and get every game for the season? Anyone know anything about this? I'd like to possibly look into that, seeing as I can't catch my Marlins up here in Gainesville.

If you're talking about MLBTV.com, it's not bad at all, I've gotten that the last couple years, I'm just thinking about some other options.

phils are building a dynasty. everyone has to start with that first play-off appearance

:rockin:

no cheap set to be found in MLB these days - even the Mets are getting a nice new stadium for 2009!

Back