Mixed drinks using ur cider?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmd2k1

Reaction score
Curious what (if any) mixed drinks folks enjoy using ur hand crafted ciders?

I just saw an ad for a cider mimosa...that I plan to try...mixing cider & OJ. The other I'm gonna try is cider & champagne.

Cheers [emoji111]

My father-in-law mixes my cider with his shochu. Not sure what the proportions are, but he often tells me "it works." ;)

Got this from a buddy who is the head mixologist/bar guru at Middle Fork Kitchen Bar in Lexington, KY. 1oz apple brandy, 0.5-0.75 oz pear liquer, 0.5oz lemon juice, dash of simple syrup, 2 oz dry fizzy cider float. Light stir. 10/10 would do again.

I just saw an ad for a cider mimosa...that I plan to try...mixing cider & OJ. The other I'm gonna try is cider & champagne.

Cheers [emoji111]
Year later & revisiting this thread in time for the holidays [emoji16] We do enjoy both:

OJ + my ice cider (25/75)

Champagne + my cider (50/50)

Any new concoctions peeps are mixing up with their ciders?

Cheers [emoji111]

Cheers [emoji111]
These are good with dry and off-dry ciders.
We make mimosas and my wife likes to mix with a shot of vodka.
Calling a Champagne Screw. If making it with cider, Apple Screw? Cider Screw? Screw in cider?
French 75:
Cider + a shot of gin. Consume with caution.
Odd, I cannot stand gin neat, but it is my go to mixer. Any vodka, rum or tequila cocktail made with Gin is way better. Gin bloody Mary is a fav. Gin mojito is a close second.

One of my cider favorites: Tart Apple cider with a shot or 2 of Tuaca.

My first two batches are still aging, so I havent tried mixing them yet. But my wife often makes references to a drink called "black velvet".
50/50 Stout and dryish sparkling cider.
The bar where she tried it uses Guinness Stout and Magners/Bulmers cider.
The cider is branded with different name in different countries, but it is an irish brand. Sold in Denmark as Magners.

My first two batches are still aging, so I havent tried mixing them yet. But my wife often makes references to a drink called "black velvet".
50/50 Stout and dryish sparkling cider.
The bar where she tried it uses Guinness Stout and Magners/Bulmers cider.
The cider is branded with different name in different countries, but it is an irish brand. Sold in Denmark as Magners.
Stout and sparkling dry cider is a "Poor Man's Black Velvet." Black Velvet is stout and champagne. At least that's how it was when I was frequenting UK pubs.

Stout and sparkling dry cider is a "Poor Man's Black Velvet." Black Velvet is stout and champagne. At least that's how it was when I was frequenting UK pubs.

I just told my wife this, I didnt fact check it.
I guess Irish bars in Copenhagen, that dont stock champagne, forget to tell their costumers that part...

After turning some Cider into Apple Jack (~35% ABV), I then made an Old Fashioned with it. It was quite good.

Standard recipe, but with the Apple Jack instead of bourbon, and half the normal amount of simple syrup.

Back