Missed out on the "K" word thread....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madscientist451

Reaction score
It got locked and this is the admin's message:

For future reference, we as the Admin/Mod team consider inappropriate use of the "R-word" to be a slur.

We also do not allow political discussion outside of the Debate section/subforum.

So what was political about the "k" word, and what is the R-word above? I know what the K-word is, but have I been living under a rock and missed the r-word?
Any chance the admin/mods could post a list of all the verboten words?

Last edited:
I would suggest, as a rule, to say it to your mother, if she cringes, avoid posting it.

My mom is 88 years old and says stuff that makes me cringe....
:mug:

OK, so I looked it up on google and found out what the r-word is....and you're right, we were taught not to use that word in our house ( and that was a long time ago)

Last edited:
I always crack a smile watching people get tied in knots about words lately. Depending on intent, Karen can be an racist term..or a way to adress a person by their name. Retard can be an offensive term or a way to describe progress lack of progress (or timing if referring to an automobile...looking at you 78’ C10 Chevy).

With no intent..there is no way to way to decipher meaning. People need to take a breath, have a brew and relax. Right Karen?
B255FE88-43F9-428A-ADC2-38480A94592E.jpeg

Ooooh *that* K-word. Here I thought it was referring to the anti-Semitic slur, which while I wouldn't expect to see on HBT but wouldn't surprise me if it was in the regular vernacular of some certain posters on HBT.

"Karen" to me is in the same realm as "boomer" and "snowflake". Not really a slur, and if it offends you you probably deserve it.

Meanwhile the "r" word is up there with the (anti-gay) "f" word. It's not ok.

And I'd say any forum posting a list of slurs, even if in the context of "don't say these" is a bad plan.

It's on the user to read the f***ing room.

i always consider the r-word, the PC way of telling me i'm actually stupid, but have problems with gangsters.....(i'll leave that missing word in for effect! lol)

the k word? sometimes k is silent? oh, damn, not another one, i got say what...irk'ing the mod's? what like defund....bite your tunge you know beter....

but man if you want talk like this, it's pay to play $25, the price of a twelve pack will earn you the right for a year! all the drunkin fools, will tell you to take tests and ****...

you mean slowing down fermentation, or cold crashing terms? or fighting fires? if you add a "ent" at the end it's not a slur is it?
No, but I fear further explanation will get this locked down like the Karen thread. Just going to have to trust me that i am surrounded by todds every day as part of my commute.

And I'd say any forum posting a list of slurs, even if in the context of "don't say these" is a bad plan.

It's on the user to read the f***ing room.

Sorry, my sarcastic A-hole (the "a word?) side comes out after a mead tasting/blending session......

I suppose my real point was to start a discussion about how ridiculous it is that we have to be constantly monitored for political correctness. Meanwhile, elected officials on both sides say all kinds of stupid (insert "S" word here) and never get called on it.

Sorry, my sarcastic A-hole (the "a word?) side comes out after a mead tasting/blending session......

I suppose my real point was to start a discussion about how ridiculous it is that we have to be constantly monitored for political correctness. Meanwhile, elected officials on both sides say all kinds of stupid (insert "S" word here) and never get called on it.

Chill, Ken.

The Karen thread got nuked because it was posted outside of the debate forum and a different hbt member dropped some political rant about "karen" being a passive aggressive slur from one party to the other.

I'm not discussing the appropriateness of the rant. I will state that the rant was inappropriate outside of the debate forum. Outside of the political spectrum, there was some clever banter and wordplay that alone was probably fine, but coupled with everything else was enough to earn a shiny gold lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back