Minnesota hophead, new to brewing!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everybody! I have been drinking beer for quite some time now, and found myself wanting more and more to create my own. I finally got a basic kit and am excited to start brewing. I thought that it would be a good idea to become part of HBT and the brewing community to learn about techniques, recipes, and any local events that are related to home brewing.

That being said, this is my first post, so please introduce yourselves, especially if your from Minnesota and want to turn me on to any meet ups, events, clubs, or other recommendations.

Cheers!

Eric, Banned Brewing Co.

Welcome to the forum!

I love the name you've chosen, and maybe there is a story behind it?

I'm a hophead myself, and we have a lot of great IPA recipes in our recipe database if you want to take a look.

Again, welcome to the forum and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Hey everybody! I have been drinking beer for quite some time now, and found myself wanting more and more to create my own. I finally got a basic kit and am excited to start brewing. I thought that it would be a good idea to become part of HBT and the brewing community to learn about techniques, recipes, and any local events that are related to home brewing.

That being said, this is my first post, so please introduce yourselves, especially if your from Minnesota and want to turn me on to any meet ups, events, clubs, or other recommendations.

Cheers!

Eric, Banned Brewing Co.
where in MN?

Welcome to the best homebrewing group on the Net, from CO.

Fortunately, you live in a wonderful place to be a hophead.

I live in downtown Mpls.

Just finished fermenting my first batch. Pretty poor abv turnout, although I didn't have the seal on correctly for the first hour. Still bottled anyway, despite the slightly sour smell of the pale ale. I started a black IPA two days ago and it is bubbling ferociously. I'm feeling a lot more confident about this one.

Upper, don't really have a story behind it, just thought it was a cool name!

Yooper said:
Welcome to the forum! I love the name you've chosen, and maybe there is a story behind it? I'm a hophead myself, and we have a lot of great IPA recipes in our recipe database if you want to take a look. Again, welcome to the forum and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Latest posts

Back