Mini-Keg coupler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guildenstern

Reaction score
Is there a coupler for the little Heiniken style mini-kegs that would allow me to just plug into my current CO2 and taps? I know I could just get a Heiniken keg and use the pump, but The local Hombrew Shop has the little kegs and I'd love to do some small batch work with them but use my current stuff to dispense.

I have one that uses the 12/16 gram cartridges that hooks to the mini kegs...works great.
MiniKegGasser.jpg

I did a search for plans for a tap for the mini-kegs.
New Page 1
I built a couple of them and use some Quick Disconnects for Gas I got from Northern brewers to make it removable.
NORTHERN BREWER: Gas Hardware

I have one that goes in a cooler with a paintball tank and one in my mini fridge keggerator with two cornies making it a three tapper.

That's pretty slick. Got a parts list and such. The tube only needs to be that short? I thought it had to go all the way to the bottom. Never messed with a mini-keg.

edit: oh I see the hose goes to the bottom there.

As an alternative, tap-a-draft makes an adapter for their dispensing system for use with mini-kegs.

Also bear in mind that the actual Heiniken "DraughtKeg" are not re-usable. they have a built in co2 source that is single use and have very different construction.

Forbes_1015_p072_f3.gif

As an alternative, tap-a-draft makes an adapter for their dispensing system for use with mini-kegs.

Also bear in mind that the actual Heiniken "DraughtKeg" are not re-usable. they have a built in co2 source that is single use and have very different construction.

Forbes_1015_p072_f3.gif

AND, they give you a hangover, if you drink a whole one in a couple of hours.

:cross:

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have been looking for a coupler like this for a while, where did you find the parts list for this? Or did you make one based on the pictures?

I thought that finished beer going through copper or brass was verboten.

So if their minikegs are not reusable, is it possible to use the T-Fal cooler/disenser with other minikegs?

Back