Miller/Coors keg leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericw

Reaction score
I bottled a batch this past Saturday and I used a Miller keg along with bottles. I checked on the keg last night, and saw that there was a trickle of fluid on the outside of the bottle, along with some beer on the floor. The level in the keg had also dropped. I cleaned the keg off and placed it in a bathtub and checked it again in an hour, and there was more beer leaking out. My plan was to carefully pour the beer into a bottling bucket, and use bottles. I have some of the carbonation tablets, but would I need those, or would the amount of sugar in the keg still be enough to carb the bottles?

It's leaking from where the tap connects, from what I can tell. I have another keg to use, but I'm not sure if the tap is leaking, or if the threaded part of the bottle is cracked. I don't want to open it until I have a plan to move the beer.

Back