Midwest Belgian Honey Kit... FUN!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

year2beer

Reaction score
Guys,

Just wanted to share my enjoyment of the midwest belgian honey extract kit! :rockin:

I truly enjoyed all the additions...

Each one gave a diffrent smell profile, color profile, and etc. One thing I learned too was that 6lbs of DME takes a ton of time to HOT BREAK... which gave me some good experience controlling my boil-- This kit also gave me time to really PLAN out a brewing session. My process was so much smoother this time...and far more relaxed than previous sessions.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS KIT FOR THE EXPERIENCE ALONE (coming from a brand new brewer)... it hits the senses, challenges your process, and doesn't take any longer than a regular extract kit would.

On a personal note, popped open my homebrewed apple cider--carbonation was perfect (3 weeks Bottle conditioned), and the flavors were smooth. I used some S-04 to ferment, and it left a satisfying bready/yeasty taste on the pallet... It was almost like drinking apple cobbler!

Just thought I would share--let the feedback commence. :)

I just bottled the BH... it's a little sweeter than I figured it would be. I'm hoping the twang goes away, but also wishing that the orange/corriander aroma would have come through a lot more.

A friend of mine brewed a second batch of this kit and added an ounce of challenger hops @ 30 min... It is far more balanced and had the aroma I was looking for. I recommend picking an ounce of hops you would like to add...

The Hop Head Double IPA is pretty fun, and filled with hop additions...so that's fun as well... if you're not sure on the BH.

Much LUCK!:mug:

Back