Michigan Breweries Help ASAP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsncrabs

Reaction score
Friend just texted me that he will be in Ann Arbor tonight and what beers did I want him to bring home? What should I ask for that may not be available on East Coast? I can get all the Bells, Founders, etc. I like IPAs and brown ales.

Friend just texted me that he will be in Ann Arbor tonight and what beers did I want him to bring home? What should I ask for that may not be available on East Coast? I can get all the Bells, Founders, etc. I like IPAs and brown ales.

Short's. Especially Humalupalicious, an IPA. Other Short's beers are pretty good, but their brown is the one I don't think is all that great.

Dark Horse is pretty good, and I love their Crooked Tree IPA. Their bourbon barrel stout is great, if it's available.

If you like sours, anything by Jolly Pumpkin is highly regarded and sought out.

Bells 2 hearted if you cannot get bells products. Founders all day ipa if there is any on the store shelf (it is seasonal) Founders Reds rye, Founders Breakfast Stout. Those are among my favorites.

I second Yoopers advice on the Shorts Humalupalucious. I also recommend many of Shorts other brews such as Shorts Lil' Wheezy, bellaire brown, Soft Parade, Shorts Good Humans is darn tasty-seasonal-and in season, Shorts The Liberator also seasonal and in season.

Any of the Dark Horse brews are tasty as well.

Keweenaw brewing has some tasty canned goodies at a reasonable price. Their November gale Pale ale is tasty as is the Old Ore Dock scotch ale.

Stay away from anything made by Atwater..............all brews have a chlorine like taste.

Thanks. The Keweenaw stuff sounds good. I make a brown like Good Humans with Carabrown malt. I hope he can get that one.

Pretty much anything from Arcadia brewing. I seecond founders breakfast stout.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Home Brew mobile app

Greenbush is one of the hottest breweries in MI right now. Find some Brother Benjamin and Anger for sure, their whole line up is worthy of picking up.

Griffin Claw's Raggedy Ass IPA is one of the best in the state and they JUST started distribting. My buddy in AA just picked some up, so look for that. It wont dissapoint.

Oddside Citra is popular right now.

New holland and +1 to founders breakfast stout. Their porter is also amazing. I prefer Arcadia ales sky high rye IPA over founders rye IPA. And it's a little cheaper

Thanks. The Keweenaw stuff sounds good. I make a brown like Good Humans with Carabrown malt. I hope he can get that one.

Keweenaw pretty much sucks. I know it's popular (mostly good marketing) but the beers are mediocre at best. There are far better breweries in Michigan. This one is generally a pass.

I had an IPA from North Peak Brewing which was excellent. It also comes in a cool stubby bottle.

Sent from my A500 using Home Brew mobile app

I second jolly pumpkin, some of the best sours I have ever had, shorts has already been mentioned but any beer from them, I don't think kuhnhenn bottles anything but their beers are awesome, the livery and paw paw are also great choices

+1 to the Good Humans from Shorts.

Their Bellaire Brown is pretty bland, but the Good Humans is a great seasonal that I always look forward to.

Keweenaw pretty much sucks. I know it's popular (mostly good marketing) but the beers are mediocre at best. There are far better breweries in Michigan. This one is generally a pass.

I hate to agree since Keweenaw got me into craft beer in college, but yeah, not that great. Greenbush, Shorts, Odd Side, Jolly Pumpkin, and New Holland are must gets.

I'm big on Michigan beers, but I don't think I've ever had a Keewanaw

As a michigan boy who has been stationed outside of michigan for 7 tears I always load up on bells, new holland and founders when ever I go home. Plus a few random brews from assorted other michigan brewers. Definitely bells two hearted and founders breakfast stout

I'm in love w Good Humans! Controversial Ale rocks too but that might be off the shelf...those from Shorts. Reds Rye from Founders is my favorite all time. Crooked Tree from Dark Horse. These beers are a large reason why I weigh 15lbs more than I did last January.

Back