Mexican Cake Release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to Westbrook for another great BAMC release!
bmvIlsX.jpg

fre1hTE.jpg

tSYefFm.jpg

GIF-good-day-ice-cube-nod-rap-satisfied-GIF.gif

Nice seeing you guys JulianB brother_kenneth factory !

I never got to give you that White Angel btw factory :(

Last edited:
Fun day yesterday! Glad to see lots of familiar faces from all corners of the southeast.

Thanks to brother_kenneth, dsigmon, and some others (not sure if they are on TB) for sharing pours of these with me:

ljuR4gv.jpg

I ended up going in on a Pappy with netdigger2 and a couple of other SC friends and paid it forward. Judging by the number of bottles that I saw floating around, lots of people got to try this beer yesterday, which was cool.

sOag2er.jpg

John Lewis BBQ was, predictably, the highlight of the day:

Zo12Zul.jpg

But this was close. Oh **** waddup! trickytunadicky Josh

TF8YKfH.jpg

Fun day yesterday! Glad to see lots of familiar faces from all corners of the southeast.

Thanks to brother_kenneth, dsigmon, and some others (not sure if they are on TB) for sharing pours of these with me:

ljuR4gv.jpg

I ended up going in on a Pappy with netdigger2 and a couple of other SC friends and paid it forward. Judging by the number of bottles that I saw floating around, lots of people got to try this beer yesterday, which was cool.

sOag2er.jpg

Zo12Zul.jpg

TF8YKfH.jpg
**** that guy.

Dat boi is dead. But you know who's not dead? Harambe.

ljuR4gv.jpg

sOag2er.jpg

Zo12Zul.jpg

TF8YKfH.jpg
The amount of Pappy and DC Bourbon going around, you would've thought they were the beers getting released lol. Thanks again for sharing the Pappy!

ljuR4gv.jpg

sOag2er.jpg

Zo12Zul.jpg

TF8YKfH.jpg

So many pictures, so many words. But I still don't know if you thought the Pappy Cake was any good...

Zo12Zul.jpg

After I saw your plate at Lewis, I went to order. I pointed and said I want all the stuff that guy has. She responded, "Oh, the same order JulianB had? Please."

She proceeded to whip this up. I must've appeared dumb and drunk. But hey, they comp'd my drink for, "such a large order".

KWUAfqw.jpg

I'm almost ready to have my first meal since then.

Thanks for that BCBS pour, Julian.

pgh_penguins I feel like this is the second time I failed to get you beer, so third time has to be the charm. No worries on the White Angel.

brother_kenneth i got nothing for ya. But excellent meeting you - and all you guys.

biglobo8971 and BravoDawg - I'd already banged with you two in the not too distant past.
Hopefully I didn't forget to tag anyone.

The Pappy Cake was pretty awesome. Worth the cost if you can split it up between 4-5 people.

Good lawd. 4-5 people? I'm scared to ask how much...
$125 for Pappy Cake
$200ish for '13 Red Wine Cake (which was outstanding)
In the 300 range for Apple Brandy Cake. I heard someone tried to order it and was told that the guy ahead of them had purchased the last one. I'd say WB raked in some coin yesterday

$125 for Pappy Cake
$200ish for '13 Red Wine Cake (which was outstanding)
In the 300 range for Apple Brandy Cake. I heard someone tried to order it and was told that the guy ahead of them had purchased the last one. I'd say WB raked in some coin yesterday

Did you have to submit payment via MyBeerCellar.com?

Truth be told, I was hoping some kinda shenanigans would go down. Sounds like it was a well put together event with no controversy

giphy.gif
Smooth as butter.

Only things that could've made it even better for me would be:
  • Drinking more
  • Staying in Charleston
  • CAM
  • Meeting biglobo8971
  • More Lewis BBQ
  • Maple Bourbon on draft
  • Mac & Cheese truck they had last year
Only stuff that went down that I know of was a baby trying to eat my dog's nose.

Truth be told, I was hoping some kinda shenanigans would go down. Sounds like it was a well put together event with no controversy

giphy.gif

Biggest "issue" was probably the slowish-moving lines for pours, especially to get to the taproom bar. But at one point I think there was no line at the outdoor jockey box station, because everyone was in line to get in the taproom and with the way the line was shaped it obscured the lack of line for the other taps. Also with all the 10+% beers being poured, it probably wasn't a bad thing that it took a while to get one. A cash-only station would have been nice, but no real complaints. Bottle pickup was a complete breeze and incredibly well done.

Imperial Mexican Biscotti Cake Break may have been the best draft of the day, man was that ever good. Definitely going to try to hunt some bottles down when they drop.

Smooth as butter.

Only things that could've made it even better for me would be:
  • Drinking more
  • Staying in Charleston
  • CAM
  • Meeting biglobo8971
  • More Lewis BBQ
  • Maple Bourbon on draft
  • Mac & Cheese truck they had last year
Only stuff that went down that I know of was a baby trying to eat my dog's nose.
another time fo sho

My guess would be this:

1. That listing is mostly a joke, they've got like one bottle left or something. I notice Jack Daniels isn't even on there anymore. I'm sure if someone wants to pay $1000 for one, it will happen. ;)

2. When they said they were "sold out" I'm guessing whoever said that wasn't deliberately lying. That's happened (to my recollection) on more than one occasion and it's more likely just there's some bottles lurking here and there. Depending on who's working and looking they may know, may find it, or may really think they are all gone.

Back