Mexican Cake Release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife and I got a ticket. Damn that was fast ! Thanks for the heads up MattyATC . You saved my ass !
200w.gif
Mofos are gonna lose their **** on FB because of that ninja sale. Get the popcorn ready lol. I'd be mad AF if it wasn't for MattyATC. Been trolling WB for a while waiting on the release.
AD15CBB0-F3FA-4CA5-9FAE-64B2B9C708B5_zpsiwipilbl.gif

The joke would be played out if it weren't for the fact that people keep falling for it (and not that guy in particular, that's 100% a troll post that's in on the joke). I saw someone complaining about it for real elsewhere.
I figured it could be one of two things ha. People will believe anything these days.

WTF is the deal with this place ? Some sort of joke or secret club ? I heard something about it before
I believe it started last year by Skull Tavern checking in all the different ba cakes, including Pappy (before the release?). People went crazy that they had them.

Looks like they are back again this year.

JulianB might be better to explain.

TLDR: They are just trolling.

I believe it started last year by Skull Tavern checking in all the different ba cakes, including Pappy (before the release?). People went crazy that they had them.

Looks like they are back again this year.

JulianB might be better to explain.

TLDR: They are just trolling.
Oh, the joke has been going since before last year. I am fairly confident this started up sometime in 2013, but possibly 2014. And it's always hilarious to see the reactions to it. I myself fell for the joke once upon a time. :confused:

I may do the same (bring some "loot") although I'm not sure, with it likely being a day trip, if I'll have the chance to or not. Planning to do something like Westbrook -> Lewis BBQ -> Revelry -> Edmund's Oast, possibly with some other little stops. First two are definite though. I've been wanting to try Lewis for a long time.

I may do the same (bring some "loot") although I'm not sure, with it likely being a day trip, if I'll have the chance to or not. Planning to do something like Westbrook -> Lewis BBQ -> Revelry -> Edmund's Oast, possibly with some other little stops. First two are definite though. I've been wanting to try Lewis for a long time.
This sounds like a solid plan to me

i wish i was actually gonna be there! my friends going and i have to work all weekend... have fun guys! lets try to set something up the week before Christmas!

speaking of which was this posted? hahhaha
Skull Tavern:
Attention: We will be giving away 5 tickets to attendees of the BA Cake Release at Westbrook between noon and 6pm. In order to have a chance to win you must wear ,over your regular clothes, a plain white t-shirt with a big black skull drawn in sharpie. Winners will be approached at random and given a key shaped ticket. Hope to see you there!

The Oast has some really good stuff on right now. Definitely going back today if I don't die at Westbrook.

Back